Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Pook is shit...  (Read 8900 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:50:59 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Paul Evans must start on Saturday....

Yes
DMR

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:02:00 »

Only if he's fit to, otherwise we'll merely delay him becoming fully fit.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:05:32 »

was not impressed at all by pook today. Seemed crap at winning the ball back and went missing in the middle too often. Lets hope evans is up to it, he seemed to link the passing and played it simple which helped us in the second half.
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:47:42 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

he's had 45 mins against reading and 90 mins against supermarine in pre-season and a full 90 (nearly) over the course of the last two league games.

don't think he'd be too far away from full fitness, i think it's worth the risk after that first half :|
red macca

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:48:47 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

he's had 45 mins against reading and 90 mins against supermarine in pre-season and a full 90 (nearly) over the course of the last two league games.

don't think he'd be too far away from full fitness, i think it's worth the risk after that first half :|
ince might slot straight in Wink
Piemonte

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:49:48 »

agreed. he sould start v rochdale.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:55:33 »

Pook put a tackle in after 25 mins and even though I knew he was on the pitch, that was honestly the first thing of note he did. I'm not one at all to have a scapegoat, but he needs to up it to keep Evans out...

Evans just sprayed the ball about and put a harness on the game for us...and Weson looked tidy enough - should start Saturday
sonic youth

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:56:04 »

i'm not too concerned about pook and weston in midfield, they came up against two experienced and solid midfielders tonight in hessenthaler and warhurst who literally ran the game in the first half, two youngsters are always likely to struggle in that situation i think.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 23:19:23 »

i'm not too concerned about pook and weston in midfield, they came up against two experienced and solid midfielders tonight in hessenthaler and warhurst who literally ran the game in the first half, two youngsters are always likely to struggle in that situation i think.

Wise words mate Yes
Spud

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 05:04:10 »

And how true is this thread after last nights piss poor display from the joke that is Pook.

Evans MUST start on Saturday.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 07:50:13 »

Pook is too lightweight,i think we should send Sade round to his house with a gimp suit,she can keep him entertained for a few days Wink

Our mid-field looked pretty innocuous most of the game tbh,not all Pooks fault i guess, but we need a bit more steel in the middle of the park,its not right that the Cock has to keep on going back and winning the ball.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
magic8ball

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:09:12 »

I'm glad this thread has been resumed.

Pook was bloody useless tonight. He's not really a centre-midfielder. I don't know what position he could play, but I guess he'll end up at Supermarine or Chippenham like the rest of the STFC players who fail to cut the mustard.

Evans must start on Saturday.

I'd also like to point out how pleasing it is that Wise spotted where we were going wrong and didn't waste any time in bringing Evans on.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:22:00 »

He is one of them players you forget is on the ptch...happened every time he played last season, me and my mate would see pook make a tackle in the 2nd half and go 'where did he come from?'
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:49:42 »

Last night was a classic example. Pook was totally out of his depth, and bear in mind he was playing against one of the divisions probably lower teams. This does not bode well.

He cannot tackle, goes missing all the time, never wins the ball back when he has lost it and his set pieces were bloody awful.

I agree a spell on loan is needed
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 09:15:06 »

Good shout on the Hessenthaler/Warhurst front, but our aim must be to be stronger than other sides where it matters - you look through the division and very few teams (if any) have two inexperienced players in the middle - so the same scenario could repeat itself over and over with obvious consequences

Pook needs to learn to take a game by the scrff of the neck (cliche use, I apologise) and stamp his authority (yep, again) -

Or shoot like Royce Brownlie...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: