Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You’re going places with Dennis  (Read 8341 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:49:20 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Taylor doesn't even manage a team in our division, I wouldn't get carried away by his comments. How many times have we seen managers say "they have a strong team, so it will be close etc etc" only to beat them by several goals to nil.

It happens all the time in football, Taylor is a Wise fan anyway, so I wouldn't take too much notice.

I don't think anyone's saying, "Peter Taylor thinks we're quite good so we're difinitely going up!"
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:51:31 »

I dont really know what else Taylor would have said after we dominated periods of the game.

Alternative Peter Taylor comment:

Swindon are average but we drew 2-2 so we are staring relegation in the face right now.

I'm not really fussed what he said or how sincere it was. I saw us compete with a half decent championship side with my own eyes, playing some decent stuff on the way.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:51:40 »

I tell you what though lads, if Peter Taylor thinks we're quite good then we're difinitely going up!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:51:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I'm inclined to take this sort of thing with  a pinch of salt.....football management is a very closed world of giving jobs to your mates, so its wise not to bad mouth anyone, but rather big them up, as you never know when you may need a job.

Piles giving you trouble again, Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:52:08 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "red macca"
he could of done what 9/10 other managers do and not gave the local paper a interview unless he thought he had a good point to make

Macca, who gave Taylor his job with the U 21's....Hoddle where did Hoddle learn his trade...Swindon.

Taylor's no fool he knows its a possibility that Wise MAY turn out a decent manager...so a few kind words does no harm and may reap rewards.

Or maybe he just meant what he said Reg?Huh???

Is that not a possibility oh cynical one?

Of course its entirely possible...but Taylor's and Wise's relationship with Leicester might suggest others would see their mateship in a different
 light.

(Apologies for the Australianism....a public flogging on the hallowed turf, would be appropriate, but its all I could think of)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:55:27 »

Taylor doesn't even manage a team in our division, I wouldn't get carried away by his comments. How many times have we seen managers say "they have a strong team, so it will be close etc etc" only to beat them by several goals to nil.

It happens all the time in football, Taylor is a Wise fan anyway, so I wouldn't take too much notice.

I don't think anyone's saying, "Peter Taylor thinks we're quite good so we're difinitely going up!"

I never said anyone was?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:55:41 »

I'd have preferred a "Gazzaesque" reply

Journo "Peter have you got a message for Swindon fans?"

PT - "Yeah, fuck off Swindon", (then belches down microphone whilst groping his fake tits)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:58:02 »

Quote from: "jim"
I'm inclined to take this sort of thing with  a pinch of salt.....football management is a very closed world of giving jobs to your mates, so its wise not to bad mouth anyone, but rather big them up, as you never know when you may need a job.

Piles giving you trouble again, Reg?

I miss the advert on C4 which accompanied last summers Ashes of the fella in the theatre with his missus, getting nagged as he fidgets about because the old piles are giving him jip....if I had any I'd buy some of that spray stuff, cos it sorted him a treat.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:58:26 »

I never said anyone was?

No you certainly did not. This is getting a bit out of hand. Let's all just sit back and enjoy the warm glow of optimism washing over the club. I'm off out to do that right now Cool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:03:30 »

Permission to jump aboard the good ship STFC Optimism Mr OST?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:09:11 »

Can I make an appeal to the happy clappers Clap  (from now on)...that if by some strange happenstance we're not top with 4 straight wins by the start of September...or perish the thought running away with the league by end of December, that you cut Wise some slack and don't start calling for his head.

It will take time to turn the good ship STFC around....maybe by next season we'll start to reap the benefits.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:12:25 »

It just makes me laugh because if we're favourites at the bookies it's a bad omen, if Peter Taylor says we'll do well then it must be true?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:36:18 »

Can I make an appeal to the happy clappers Clap  (from now on)...that if by some strange happenstance we're not top with 4 straight wins by the start of September...or perish the thought running away with the league by end of December, that you cut Wise some slack and don't start calling for his head.

It will take time to turn the good ship STFC around....maybe by next season we'll start to reap the benefits.

He's got at least the first 3 games with me Reg Wink

I was still willing to believe Iffy had it in him, so I'm sure I can retain my footing on the Good Ship STFC even in the stormy weathers.
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:40:13 »

Can I make an appeal to the miserable fuckers that if by some strange happenstance we are top with 4 straight wins by the start of September...or perish the thought running away with the league by end of December, that you will cease to be prophets of doom and will accept that all is well, at least til the end of the season

Wink  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 12:44:47 »

I'm neither being optimistic or pessimistic about this season. It's going to take a lot to get us good again. If it happens in one season and we do well I will be surprised, although I can't see it being out of the question.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: