Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You’re going places with Dennis  (Read 8343 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:21:51 »

Good to hear i guess

CRYSTAL Palace boss Peter Taylor has tipped Town to take League Two by storm predicting the presence of Dennis Wise will inspire on and off the field.

Former England under 21 boss Taylor was impressed with the hosts in their 2-2 draw with his Palace side on Saturday and believes it will only be a matter of time before Wise plays some part himself.

Having signed him for Leicester City, Taylor has always been an admirer of Wise and he feels his arrival in Wiltshire has already had a positive effect.

continued...
"Swindon looked a very good side," said Taylor.

"They have some very dangerous players and it was just the sort of friendly we were hoping for. You want to be tested and we were.

"There were signs of Dennis Wise all over that performance.

"They looked fit, committed and more than capable on the ball. I see Dennis is already having a good effect.'' Taylor added: "I know Dennis very well and he is still one of the fittest players around.

"He prides himself on that and I am sure he will play some part in Town's midfield this season.

"Dennis started playing at quite a low level and worked his way up to the highest level.

"I think he can help some of his players do the same.

"He is an infectious person and you can't help but be impressed by him."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:24:03 »

Too fucking right it's good to hear Cool
townendjim

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:24:24 »

to be fair i would have never thought we were a league two team if i was a neutral who knew nothing watching the game, we have the talent, just need a bit of luck and to work hard. i can't see palace doing much this season
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:25:27 »

Cool  ace
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:25:42 »

I thought we had a decent enough team last season to keep us up in the league.  However poor management skills and a lack of motivation sent us down.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:27:32 »

I'm inclined to take this sort of thing with  a pinch of salt.....football management is a very closed world of giving jobs to your mates, so its wise not to bad mouth anyone, but rather big them up, as you never know when you may need a job.
red macca

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:29:27 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I'm inclined to take this sort of thing with  a pinch of salt.....football management is a very closed world of giving jobs to your mates, so its wise not to bad mouth anyone, but rather big them up, as you never know when you may need a job.
  i knew you were going to say that
sonic youth

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:30:30 »

reg has a point though, don't think peter taylor's gonna turn around and say "oooooh he's rubbish, never gonna get you lot promoted"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:34:34 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
reg has a point though, don't think peter taylor's gonna turn around and say "oooooh he's rubbish, never gonna get you lot promoted"

Taylor didn't have to say what he said in such glowing terms did he?

Reg + Sonic = Captain Bringdown + Doom Boy  Cool
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:35:52 »

he could of done what 9/10 other managers do and not gave the local paper a interview unless he thought he had a good point to make
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:40:30 »

Quote from: "red macca"
he could of done what 9/10 other managers do and not gave the local paper a interview unless he thought he had a good point to make

Macca, who gave Taylor his job with the U 21's....Hoddle where did Hoddle learn his trade...Swindon.

Taylor's no fool he knows its a possibility that Wise MAY turn out a decent manager...so a few kind words does no harm and may reap rewards.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:42:46 »

Macca, who gave Taylor his job with the U 21's....Hoddle where did Hoddle learn his trade...Swindon.

Taylor's no fool he knows its a possibility that Wise MAY turn out a decent manager...so a few kind words does no harm and may reap rewards.

Or maybe he just meant what he said Reg?Huh???

Is that not a possibility oh cynical one?
sonic youth

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:43:24 »

come on, people never say what they mean in football  Cheesy
red macca

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:44:03 »

reg where did wise get released for headbutting a player and later publically state he was upset with the decision ?

who was the manager??

im just saying he didnt have to say what he said and for once reg someone might be being honest and he might generally feel we have a decent team
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:45:09 »

Taylor doesn't even manage a team in our division, I wouldn't get carried away by his comments. How many times have we seen managers say "they have a strong team, so it will be close etc etc" only to beat them by several goals to nil.

It happens all the time in football, Taylor is a Wise fan anyway, so I wouldn't take too much notice.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: