Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Palace Match thread!  (Read 14762 times)
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 17:42:24 »

what i want to know is where's Whalley?! is he injured?
Spud

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 17:44:06 »

Quote from: "stfc11"
what i want to know is where's Whalley?! is he injured?

Yes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 17:54:05 »

How did Zola play? I can't believe no one's mentioned him :shock:
Piemonte

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 17:55:36 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
How did Zola play? I can't believe no one's mentioned him :shock:

fola did alright Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 18:28:57 »

I like Fola. Feared the worst from reports of fans from his previous clubs, but he can play. I still think Brownlie is dodgy, but if we can pay him peanuts then why not. Rather see Lukas J getting a run out. Turnes the Uruguayan looks too lightweight to me.

I still think Pook was by far the weakest player on the pitch, bandwagon jumping or not. Ducked out of several headers and made few connecting passes. Dont know why anyone wants to defend Brown, hes exactly the sort of non caring lazy big headed unduly arrogant player who got us relegated last season. Now he thinks he's too good for Dennis Wises fitness training as well, doesnt want to work, do the decent thing and resign Aaron. Nicholas seems to be perservering with the head juggling when he should be heading clear that lost us the game vs Brentford. Terrifying to think he is our first replacement as a centre back.

Could Shakes and Holgate be showing signs of improvement? Roberts certainly is. Peacock, still the player who covers most ground.
sonic youth

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 18:32:50 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I still think Brownlie is dodgy, but if we can pay him peanuts then why not. Rather see Lukas J getting a run out.

fair point, he does miss some sitters but i'm confident he can get goals for us. you're right though, i'd rather see jutkiewicz given a chance.

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Could Shakes and Holgate be showing signs of improvement?

shakes definitely seems to be looking more of a player, it seems as though somebody actually told him how to use his pace instead of just being told to play right-wing.

holgate didn't look any different to me than he ever has before.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 18:39:15 »

I thought Holgate looked OK in the middle, but he's got a lot to do to keep Weston out on that display.

Was a little disapointed with Monkey, thought he did very little.

Shakes looked much better.

Saw the Cock for the first time today due to my being away and I can see why you lot enthuse about him.

Christian looked much more willing, well done to him.

Thought CCP had a decent game at LB.

Fola looked very good, I'd certainly like to see him stay.

All in all a good performance and I was amazed at all the movement and the nice tidy short passing they managed to pull out at times.

A good game.
red macca

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:03:57 »

i enjoyed that today.first game at the cg in 5 years so it was good to see the players we talk about every week.couple of things i noticed,shakes looks good but has no end product,ccp looks good enough to cover at left back if needed.ifill strong solid and quick but lacks composure but he is still young so plenty of time.pook seemed ok and the 2 strikers seemto have a good understanding so that looks promising.the one who stood out for me was weston he looks a very talented player
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:07:33 »

the one who stood out for me was weston he looks a very talented player

Have to agree,seen him twice now and he's impressed me both times.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:08:09 »

Quote from: "red macca"
i enjoyed that today.first game at the cg in 5 years so it was good to see the players we talk about every week.couple of things i noticed,shakes looks good but has no end product,ccp looks good enough to cover at left back if needed.ifill strong solid and quick but lacks composure but he is still young so plenty of time.pook seemed ok and the 2 strikers seemto have a good understanding so that looks promising.the one who stood out for me was weston he looks a very talented player

So on that evidence can you see us mounting any sort of challenge this season?
red macca

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:14:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

its hard for me reg tbh as i have not seen any sort of football live for 5 years but i have to say they looked sharper fitter and stronger than what i was expecting.as i can only go by what i have heard for 5 years i was expecting it to be shocking today but i was very suprised.going on what i,ve read,heard  etc i think with fitness and better managment last year reg we might of had a chance of staying up so on that basis alone i think we do have a good chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:26:19 »

its hard for me reg tbh as i have not seen any sort of football live for 5 years but i have to say they looked sharper fitter and stronger than what i was expecting.as i can only go by what i have heard for 5 years i was expecting it to be shocking today but i was very suprised.going on what i,ve read,heard  etc i think with fitness and better managment last year reg we might of had a chance of staying up so on that basis alone i think we do have a good chance.

Fair enough...seems to me we've still got the perennial problem of being too lightweight in midfield....Whalley doesn't look like he's fit and last season was poor anyway....Wise doesn't want to play.....don't see Holgate as a midfielder.

Last season we looked like a side for the period that Paul Smith was in the team.....it was instructive watching Michael Hughes for Palarse in the second half....just the sort we need, make yourself available give the ball, get it back, keep it moving, look for a pass....Weston and Pook to an extent did it in the first half.....but are probably too inexperienced to maintain it over a long season.
red macca

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:35:03 »

Fair enough...seems to me we've still got the perennial problem of being too lightweight in midfield....Whalley doesn't look like he's fit and last season was poor anyway....Wise doesn't want to play.....don't see Holgate as a midfielder.

Last season we looked like a side for the period that Paul Smith was in the team.....it was instructive watching Michael Hughes for Palarse in the second half....just the sort we need, make yourself available give the ball, get it back, keep it moving, look for a pass....Weston and Pook to an extent did it in the first half.....but are probably too inexperienced to maintain it over a long season.
spot on what you say about hughes reg he is the sort we need.tbh i think wise will play if he has to he of all people will know that every team needs his sort of player in the team and we still have two weeks to sign someone in that position.it looks like wise still isnt sure who he wants as he seems to have tried everyone else.

imo we need one more central midfielder.cover on the right wing and maybe one more striker
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 19:57:26 »

Boland has not been offered a deal by Swansea. Maybe he will get another chance?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, July 23, 2006, 20:03:46 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Brown is on.

Only Bennett booed  Cool

that's rubbish! i and a few hundred others did

whits was the one you had to look out for though

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: