Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Cirencester Town  (Read 10200 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 22:50:58 »

We put 8 past Bury in December 1979; around the same time we knocked Arsenal out of the League Cup quarter finals in a replay 4-3.

I can think of some 6's; not 7's though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 22:54:43 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
We put 8 past Bury in December 1979; around the same time we knocked Arsenal out of the League Cup quarter finals in a replay 4-3.

We've had a couple of 7's in the FA Cup.....at kettering who were non league and Aldershot who were a league club at the time.....in the Aldershot game from  memory it was 1-1 at half time....Andy Rowland and Howard Pritchard both scored a hat trick, which is rare.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 23:00:48 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

We've had a couple of 7's in the FA Cup.....at kettering who were non league and Aldershot who were a league club at the time.....in the Aldershot game from  memory it was 1-1 at half time....Andy Rowland and Howard Pritchard both scored a hat trick, which is rare.

The Tucker corner at Highbury.  

Was Andy king playing for Aldershot?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 23:06:05 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"

The Tucker corner at Highbury.  

Was Andy king playing for Aldershot?

Don't think so, probably a bit before his time....although he did play and score for the Shots in a Skoda Hubcap gameat the CG when Digby got sent off when we were winning 2-0 and lost 3-2.

Think their keeper was a tonsorially challenged fella called Glen Johnson, although could be wrong it was a long time ago.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 00:43:18 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
Monkhouse was fucking shit, he done fuck all

you're a fucking plum sir

you did indeed sade. it was a good job i was sitting down already

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 11:09:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

tuttle also said that this big name is genuinely exciting, 100 times bigger than the likes of cureton

Shit, it's Ruddock - he's 100 times bigger than Cureton, bigger than a bus these days  Cheesy
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 11:54:04 »

Now you've said those Reg I remember them now. think they were quite close together too.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 12:23:55 »

When is the signing due to be announced? Will it be when they're back from Ibiza?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 12:25:10 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
When is the signing due to be announced? Will it be when they're back from Ibiza?

Presumably when the player is actually signed Shrug
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, July 16, 2006, 15:09:35 »

Tuttle seems quality.  Pretty willing to chat opening re players/situations etc. (Although he didn't mention anything about Brown leaving)

Seemed very enthusiastic re the big named player, apparently its "in our favour" at te moment and due to find out either way in a week/week and a half.  Its definitely someone very well known and high profile but I guess we'll have to wait and see if they can pull it off.
Piemonte

« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 17, 2006, 10:09:40 »

Generally a fairly encouraging performance.  We looked better than when we played them last year and they looked worse (I was loving their 40 stone strikeforce!) Dont want to go too over the top - Ciren were really poor in IMO.

Some good points -

- Curtis Weston looked very good to me. Always wanted the ball and rarely gave it away. lots of running.
- Williams organised the defence well, albeit against a couple of talentless piemen. plenty of talking.
- Peacock and Roberts looked a threat
- The team looked fitter in general. so much more so than cirencester, which is how it should be
- Their no 2 looked quite decent (he won the pen) worth a trial?
- Beer whilst watching makes football approximatley 28.36% more enjoyable
- Lucas looked good when he came on.
- Brownlie looks alright, I'm just not sure that theres much point in signing him
- Fola seems to be a slightly Wanchope-esque figure. I'd probablly give him a contract for a year.

Some not so good points

- Thought Vincent had a poor game. erratic distribution and got done big time for the pen. I dont know why he brought him down either, he wasnt going to score from that angle.
- Not really a bad point but I've no idea if either of the keepers who played for us are any good, they had so little to do
- Didnt think Monkfish did much
- Pook still isnt very good
- Wise didnt play
- I missed Brownlie's 2nd as I was watching the Red Arrows
McLovin

« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 17, 2006, 10:31:42 »

Good to see my boy Pook progressing well... :-))(
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 17, 2006, 14:20:04 »

:twisted:  Progressing well in many many ways Mr.Blackcurrant......

RED ARMY
santini

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 17, 2006, 14:32:15 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Wise seems to rate him though ... and Holgate in midfield :shock: He must see things others can't. Do you trust his judgement?
Piemonte

« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 17, 2006, 14:59:00 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "Piemonte"

Wise seems to rate him though ... and Holgate in midfield :shock: He must see things others can't. Do you trust his judgement?

Not sure about that Santini, with Whalley being injured and Wise and Poyet seemingly relectant to play themselves at this stage those 2 are playing by default pretty much.

I expect us to end up with a Wise & Weston central midfield. Perhaps not straight away , but I think Dennis will realise that hes too good a player to leave himself out. That and weston looks very livley and will put in a lot of his running for him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: