Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grant Smith  (Read 5740 times)
Dazzza

« on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:18:41 »

Doesn't sound like the same player that got a slagging and was acknowledged  as being on the way out by the smoking chimp at the AGM.

Seems like a decent run in the team has paid dividends.  Another goal today and he is starting to become invaluable.  In the past he seemed to be a man permanently on the fringes and seemed unnecessarily dropped after a loss when often he was not the worst or certainly no worse than those around him.

New contract?  

Hope so, will he accept though?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:19:57 »

i wouldn't blame him if he left, but i do think we need him - he adds something different to our midfield
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:23:00 »

It's bizarre, when Howard sorts himself out I still probably wouldn't pick Smith in my first 11.

Long may it continue though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:48:49 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
It's bizarre, when Howard sorts himself out I still probably wouldn't pick Smith in my first 11.

Even though he's scored as many goals as Howard in less than half as many appearances?

Weirdo.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 18:45:27 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Doesn't sound like the same player that got a slagging and was acknowledged  as being on the way out by the smoking chimp at the AGM.

Seems like a decent run in the team has paid dividends.  Another goal today and he is starting to become invaluable.  In the past he seemed to be a man permanently on the fringes and seemed unnecessarily dropped after a loss when often he was not the worst or certainly no worse than those around him.

New contract?  

Hope so, will he accept though?

Heh heh!

Smoking chimp.

Gold.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 18:52:26 »

humble pie for me at the mo after questioning him.
still let's see how he gets on when the chips are down for him.

officially blacker than the night.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 19:55:36 »

another goal.... give him a contract!  Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 19:59:30 »

He'll probably do superbly well for the rest of the season and then say to Kingy when he grudgingly offers him a new deal, "Fuck you monkey boy, I'm going to play for a manager who has some faith in me!"

That's my prediction any way.
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 21:55:35 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Even though he's scored as many goals as Howard in less than half as many appearances?

Weirdo.

Yes I know, but a fitter leaner Howard would bring more to the side than Smith does in my humble opinion.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 22:52:42 »

Well it's about time he got off his fat complacent and arse and actually started getting leaner and fitter would you not say David?Huh?
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 23:53:29 »

Yes
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 6, 2005, 00:59:04 »

Oh yes!

FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 6, 2005, 09:59:46 »

Personally ive always liked Smith, Couldnt understand (like many) why he wasnt given more opportunities. Anyway glad he's getting a run and showing what he can do - defensively he's also doing well - puts in more tackles than Hewlett does, does more than Hewlett generally.

Funny how King still seems to begrudgingly like him, saying after its lucky for smith he's playing well so Howard cant come in, when he dips in form howard will be bk in?! Shows some faith man!

Come on YOU REDS!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 6, 2005, 16:10:54 »

I always though he was better than most said, and let's not forget that at one point people were saying they didn't want him in the team.

I always thought he was goo, especially his passing/crossing which is something we've lacked.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 6, 2005, 16:13:10 »

hes got a great shot on him aswell! i think he could be good for scotland!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: