Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael vaughan  (Read 3853 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 20, 2006, 14:45:12 »

Part of the problem with Vaughan's average is that he had that fantastic time with the bat when we last played down under,lest we forget he was Man of that series.Everyone assumed it meant he was a brilliant player,but maybe that year was a one off,maybe he's not such a good batsman?

As Skipper he is fantastic though,and we are going to miss him hugely,as we seem to have done since he got injured Sad [although other injuries to key players hasn't helped either].

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
cib

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 20, 2006, 19:46:12 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Part of the problem with Vaughan's average is that he had that fantastic time with the bat when we last played down under,lest we forget he was Man of that series.Everyone assumed it meant he was a brilliant player,but maybe that year was a one off,maybe he's not such a good batsman?

As Skipper he is fantastic though,and we are going to miss him hugely,as we seem to have done since he got injured Sad [although other injuries to key players hasn't helped either].
thats true, he did go through a ''purple'' patch playing India at home and then Down Under that propelled his average up a couple of years back.
But the recent down turn in form since doesnt change the fact that he is a top class batsmen, i'd have him in the team ahead of a Bell/Cook
Scot Munroe

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 20, 2006, 20:34:55 »

also against sri lanka in the same summer as the india series. He also had a good world cup 2003 in South Africa. Scored a couple of 50's against the dutch and Pakistan on slow wickets.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: