Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC World  (Read 2660 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 15:50:00 »

This is a real joke.  I'm having numerous problems connecting on a Saturday, and I don't appear to be on the only ones.

I then get charged 34.99 when I only signed up for Match Live (should be 19.99) and never been able to access extra features.  I've complained and there is no phoneline so I can talk to them, and they just appear evasive, unhelpful and frankly dodgy!  I've heard people get free months and such for complaining about poor service - anyone here?  Anyone else having problems?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 15:54:59 »

I should have it free for a year with ntl but they cancelled it after a month saying they couldn't verify it. I sent them all the details they asked for to verify it but they didn't reply, just said they were looking into it which was a couple of months ago.  :evil:

So I am using that ipswich town account to listen to the oldham commentary at the moment, Swindon stopped working after about five minutes.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 15:56:51 »

they sent me this email about last weeks fiasco after i complained:

Dear SIMON

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm we did experience some problems on Saturday and can also confirm that these are now all fixed and will not reoccur

On Saturday afternoon our streaming partner Akamai Networks identified a technical problem with one of their critical streaming servers we use for distributing our football commentaries. During their maintenance of this we worked with them to move all our commentary streams to our back-up servers. This was done seamlessly and in place for all clubs by 3.00 kick-off.

However, a related but unforeseen internal network problem was encountered by Akamai which caused a disruption to a small number of streams hosted on the backup servers. All efforts where made by PTV and Akamai to locate the fault and to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. Shares to opposing club commentary and new lines for radio stations to use for streaming where given by the PTV technicians. For a small number of clubs where no opposition club commentary was available no commentaries could be made available for most of the match

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and can assure you that Akamai has already put in place measures to prevent any similar occurrences in the future.

Once again please accept our unreserved apologies for your club commentary not being available for the full 90 minutes this Saturday.

Best Regards,

STFC World - Web Support

Bollocks!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 16:02:55 »

i will also bet that they don't send me FM2005
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:07:34 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I should have it free for a year with ntl but they cancelled it after a month saying they couldn't verify it. I sent them all the details they asked for to verify it but they didn't reply, just said they were looking into it which was a couple of months ago.  :evil:

So I am using that ipswich town account to listen to the oldham commentary at the moment, Swindon stopped working after about five minutes.

I signed up for free because I'm on ntl, was told that my account would be cancelled because I signed up for ntl years ago and it still works fine and I've not paid a penny.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:17:43 »

Mine has definitely been cancelled, the username doesn't work any more but I managed to listen today (when it worked) with the ipswich username parkin ticket posted. Smiley

Strangely it stopped working after the Hull game, we then started losing and only started winning again when I went home for Christmas, I couldn't listen to colchester, listened to Bradford, then none since then until the last two games and we've started winning again. Coincedence I don't think so!
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 5, 2005, 17:37:25 »

I think the service is a bit crap. I'm just signed up for the commentry, I can never get the commentry when using Firefox or Opera, only when I use IE, and I sometimes have problems getting the commentry with that as well

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 7, 2005, 16:51:27 »

Fuck's sake they won't reply to my emails about being overcharged.  Anyone else had this problem?  Anyone managed to resolve it or get an useful communication from them?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 7, 2005, 16:54:47 »

what section are you emailing? are you emailing the bill enquiries bit?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 7, 2005, 16:57:25 »

I tried to sign up to it earlier in the season and the sytem went down as I sen tin my details.  Mail after mail I sent but never got one reply from them.  To be honest it may be worth mailing the football league's site as I believe they arranged the deal between the clubs and the media provider.  Just an idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: