Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will Wise walk?  (Read 9759 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 08:12:31 »

I think Reg is using this forum to indoctrinate everyone into his way of thinking  :shock:
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 08:14:33 »

or maybe people who can't think out a reasoned argument for themselves nod along and go "ya dat one" at the computer. then realise they've got to type it in instead, bless 'em

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 10:05:48 »

i've always thought it'll be a disaster and they'll be gone by christmas but i hope to god it doesnt turn out like that

officially blacker than the night.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 10:36:47 »

I have to admit,i'm trying not to get too worked up at the new managership team,just in case it blows up in our faces,well it wouldn't be the first time its happened would it Sad  
Having said that i don't believe now is the time to be going on about Wise leaving,or moaning about about lack of signings,cause it is exciting,and tbh i have to pinch myself everytime i see Wise in a Swindon training top Cheesy
Lets just for once try not to worry and be a bit positive  Wink and enjoy this pre-season,for a change!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
my-velocity

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 11:06:10 »

He's not going to walk, and if he does it won't be for a while as he signed a 3 year contract which shows his commitment and the fact that he wants to get this club back up to league 2. Just because we ain't splashing the cash doesn't mean were not getting good signings.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 11:26:31 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
With no evidence whatsoever so far of any  thing in the way of resource to get us out of league 2, who thinks that Wise will walk?

What? He's signing players and there is money if he needs it. What more do you want?
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 11:32:12 »

ffs, swindon fans moan when times are hard, and moan when things are good!!! never satisified! lets not worry about whether he will leave or not, lets just get behind him and enjoy it.

CHILL OUT basically

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 12:06:57 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
what worries me is that Reg thinks he might ... and i respect Reg

Can I just point out that a few months ago, Reg was confidently predicting a management duo of Big Ron and Carlton Palmer. It was a done deal we were told.

He aint always right. :jaw1:

I rest my case Your Honour.
red macca

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 12:07:13 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
ffs, swindon fans moan when times are hard, and moan when things are good!!! never satisified! lets not worry about whether he will leave or not, lets just get behind him and enjoy it.

CHILL OUT basically
yeah man
normy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 13:34:29 »

What's up Reg, you seemed to agree with me a short while ago that we could be cautiously optimistic with Wise and the revived Board, as opposed to Iffy and the old Board, which had no hope and with which we would not survive ?

What has changed your thinking?  I think it's too early to judge how he's doing, but he seems too committed to bottle out, at least until/if it becomes a hopeless task. He would have nothing to gain.

I know it's dangerous to join the optimists club, but a 73 year old female relative who sits by me, has supported for many years, but can hardly climb the stairs now, decided to stop coming as it wasn't worth it.  She has renewed because of Wise etc.  Here's hoping.

ust be the oldest
kevjoycreed

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 13:56:07 »

I reckon Wise will walk........

All the way from the dressing room to the touch line, then he will jog onto the pitch from there.
fatbury

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 14:32:46 »

anyone that knows me for real knows that I might moan a bit on here preseason and pre match .. but when the game gets going im totally behind us .. ive never seen the point of moaning or booin at players during a match .. that when i SUPPORT so to speak ... nothing would please me more than Roberts and Peacock bangin in 50 between them
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 15:10:03 »

Wise walk? Why?! He seems to have the players he wants so resources canot be a problem!

Did you want Ronaldinho? Gerrard? Buffon?

Grow up and lets see how this team does in League 2 as we know nothing about it really
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 16:05:59 »

I'm on the Wise out waggon already... Cheesy

Get Sven Errikson in.....

actually, lets keep wise  Wink

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 17:18:43 »

Just to add my two penneth - I can never resist a good old rant at someone who's being an idiot!

Where have we had evidence money is not available to Wise?

As OST pointed out in another thread - contract lengths are down to Wise, therefore he's the one making choices!  

In another interview from Devlin a while ago he said Den has offered players what he considers to be good value for each player - we lost out on one because he wanted more - there was no indication that Den was told he would not be able to offer what said player requested, more along the lines of Den himself not thinking him worth the money he was asking.

Have you not noticed over the last few years the transfer market has changed considerably - more and more players are available on free transfers, or are out of contract - if Den feels that he can attract players capable of getting us back to L1 for free wouldn't you rather that as opposed to dishing out needless wads of cash just to keep ignorant 'fans' like you happy?  

Besides which - if he spends no money and gets promotion then Power may be more inclined to offer Wise a decent budget next term as a reward if you like.  If Den does have a kitty to spend I'm sure he's waiting to see what the market throws up on the free front before looking to actually spend.

So far from what I can tell is that we've signed a very decent CB - one a Cov fan friend of mine wanted to keep in the Championship.  We've signed an experienced LB, an experienced LM/ST and two promising players in Weston and Onibuje. If Boland does indeed sign do you really think we could have done much beter if we resourced players for these positions from other clubs - possibly mounting up to £500,000 of debt along the way?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: