Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAO L & P  (Read 2048 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 07:36:54 »

Just a question about this Uraguay display thing your supposedly doing to 'welcome' Gus to Swindon.

Not being funny or owt but are you not doing anything to welcome Wise? Obviously with him being the 'main man' and all that.

Just curious.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 09:06:03 »

We're getting him a booster seat.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 09:38:28 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Just a question about this Uraguay display thing your supposedly doing to 'welcome' Gus to Swindon.

Not being funny or owt but are you not doing anything to welcome Wise? Obviously with him being the 'main man' and all that.

Just curious.

Yes, yes we are, although it is a little  more in the planning stage, so we didn't think it "wise" to release the detail.  But I'm a sucker for giving away secrets, so....

...the idea (still an idea) would be 4 x 8ft sq ish sheets with his name spelled out one sheet at a time in Red.  Two sheets either side with the logo painted on.  The sheets to be on poles and held up when the Uruguay flag is produced.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 09:39:49 »

I hope the attendance is good enough to ensure this works other 'Wise' not much point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 09:47:59 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
I hope the attendance is good enough to ensure this works other 'Wise' not much point.

Well, the Wise one will only require a few people and the flag in the NW is using the same block as before, which is where a large % of the season ticket holders are, so should just about work.  But, if it doesn't, it doesn't, you can but try.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 14:46:52 »

Cheesy  I have to say I like this Idea alot.

RED ARMY
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 18:25:05 »

Haha Wise and the logo on sticks. Quality. Nice to see it if it happens
Melksham Red

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 7, 2006, 20:12:38 »

I don't want to be a spoil sport but is this really gunna work? I applaud the efforts of the L&P lot but that England flag looked fucking shit and IMO quite embarrassing. No offence.
my-velocity

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 8, 2006, 17:50:50 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I don't want to be a spoil sport but is this really gunna work? I applaud the efforts of the L&P lot but that England flag looked fucking shit and IMO quite embarrassing. No offence.

It looked good in the Nationwide but the one in the Arkells was shite.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 10, 2006, 08:46:19 »

Agreed with the one in the Arkells, was a last minute idea because we had a bundle of the paper still left over.  Thought the one in the NW woeked relatively well considering our league position and the potential for bugger all people to have turned up on that day (lets not forget we were practically down by this game).
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2006, 14:49:58 »

...that England flag looked fucking shit and IMO quite embarrassing. No offence.

From what I've seen of the photos it looked great. What was wrong with it?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2006, 15:14:59 »

http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/brent5.jpg

It wasn't too bad.  To be fair, we thought it was better than expected.  Originally it was planned when their seemed a fair bit of hope, then the skids set in and we fully expected naff all people to attend.  As it is, the central block was fairly well populated and we got lucky in that some of the missing bits at the back (either corner) have the white seats!!!!

We are hoping for a slightly better turn out for the first home game of the season, and also the possibility that a few more of the central block seats will have been sold as season tickets.  we might stick the paper to the seat rather than just roll it up in the back corners this time though.  That way you should still see the colour even if the seats are empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: