Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Possible Quarter Finals  (Read 5033 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:14:32 »

Quote from: "larwood"

That Brazilian fella who is coach of Portugal, he was lined up to be the new England boss remember? But the Portugese were not happy and he decided against it.

I thought the reason Big Phil turned the job down was because he woke up to find the paparazzi on his doorstep,can't blame the bloke really.

According to his Brazilian buddy on 5Live tonight, Scolari wanted the England job, but not until after the WC out of respect to Portugal.

The FA wouldn't countenance this...for some reason the appointment had to be made prior to the WC, so we end up with McClaren.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:16:50 »

Just as i thought Reg.

Big shame.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:23:07 »

:-))(
Good it means i can blame the fucking useless FA ,result :x
Gus Hiddink would have been good too,but they fucked that up as well!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
red macca

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:25:19 »

That Brazilian fella who is coach of Portugal, he was lined up to be the new England boss remember? But the Portugese were not happy and he decided against it.

I thought the reason Big Phil turned the job down was because he woke up to find the paparazzi on his doorstep,can't blame the bloke really.
he would get used to the paparazi....i did  Cool
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:26:48 »

Soapy Tit Wank

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 21:47:48 »

:-))(
Good it means i can blame the fucking useless FA ,result :x
Gus Hiddink would have been good too,but they fucked that up as well!

I would have prefered Hiddink to Scolari...oh well got to give McClaren a chance....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 23:48:29 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Am I the only one who doesn't think we're good enough to get past Ecuador?

Did you see them against Poland?

Very impressive they play at a quick tempo and gave them no time on the ball at all.  

Rested half of the squad against the Germans so there was no real indicator from that game of how good they really are.

I think we'll win in the same spirit we beat Cameroon in 90.  Outplayed for most of the game and nick it towards the end, should be a lively match though that's for sure.

Despite whatever they may have done against Poland (it wasn't exactly a cracking game) and the abject Costa Rica side, I am not prepared (yet) to allow myself to be scared by a team consisting of a useless fullback from Villa, a failed Southampton striker and some chap in a mask who couldn't cut the mustard at Palace.

They will no doubt put up a fight (they should at least be fit training at altitude so often) but I just can't see them doing anything against any team better than average.  Poland changed their style for the finals from our group (sticking the poor lad from Celtic upfront on his own when he is a supporting striker) and Costa Rica forgot to turn up, and as you say the Germany game was a nothing one.

Mind you, I'm still crazy enough to think we could beat any side in the tournament, which is slightly different from syaing we'll win it (which I don't expect).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 23, 2006, 08:37:16 »

We will beat Ecuador 3-0 FACT!

Then all of a sudden everyone (well the media anyway) will be convinced we will win the World Cup.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 23, 2006, 18:21:05 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
We will beat Ecuador 3-0 FACT!

Then all of a sudden everyone (well the media anyway) will be convinced we will win the World Cup.

As fucking always. In all honesty we should beat them. I won't be surprised if we don't and won't be gettign carried away of we do/.
STFC Village

« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 23, 2006, 21:37:34 »

Spain Vs France on Tuesday

*Rubs hands in glee*
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 24, 2006, 15:52:38 »

I hope Spain stuff the frogs, hate them.

I also hope Australia thrash the fucking eye-ties.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 24, 2006, 17:23:06 »

I've got a sneaky fealing that Ecuador will do the business tomorrow.  Expected to be around 35 degrees tomorrow at 4pm.  England need a good start, or the heat and humidity will benefit Ecuador.  Im going for a 1-1 draw with Ecuador winning in extra time or penalties
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: