Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hargreaves  (Read 4802 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2006, 21:08:37 »

I think he was very good tonight and played an important role. Every time Sweden came forward down the middle he was making a challenge or holding up the play to allow others to get back. This makes the game so much easier for the rest of the team and I think he did a good enough job to make the position his if Sven wants to play 4-5-1 next game. Although I wouldn't include him with a 4-4-2
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2006, 21:14:58 »

Have to agree that Hargreaves was the England MotM for me. Think I would start with him next game ang plan to give Lampard and Gerrard 45 minutes of blood and thunder each !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
McLovin

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 07:54:42 »

Thats's it. Hargreaves and Gerrard to be our central pairing. Will allow Stevie G to get forward like Lamps did last night, but with better results (don't know why Lampard isn't firing...)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 07:58:40 »

he was OK but not great. Joe Cole man of the match for me
adje

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 10:40:07 »

Quote from: "Rich"

Totally agree.With some people there's no in between-they either over criticise or over eulogise.Hargreaves was average,Cole was above average.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 10:50:10 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "Rich"

Totally agree.With some people there's no in between-they either over criticise or over eulogise.Hargreaves was average,Cole was above average.

bang on. you can tell JC is using this competition to finally realise his potential and become the great player everyone knows he is.

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 13:15:20 »

Hargreaves was good, better than Gerrard/Lampard in the holding midfield position, because he still got forward when the occasion allowed.

I'm not sure I'd have a MOTM though, seeing as nobody played for the full entirety.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 17:32:57 »

that was Hargreaves first England start in 2 years....and probably his first full 90 minutes!! in his actual position and he did alright.

According the paper this morning, pass completion 94% that was the best by a long shot
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 17:40:41 »

Hargreaves did well but as others have said there's no way he was man of the match. Joe Cole was easily.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 17:47:11 »

Quote from: "DV85"
that was Hargreaves first England start in 2 years....and probably his first full 90 minutes!! in his actual position and he did alright.

According the paper this morning, pass completion 94% that was the best by a long shot

Compared to Beckham's 74% thats damn good

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: