Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England Vs Paraguay  (Read 5648 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 15:22:13 »

not enough attacking options.we need rooney fit quickly
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 15:27:18 »

england fans always get carried away before a tournament...overly confident. ive ALWAYS predicted semi final at best. this performance = quarter final at best.

i think the heat was a major factor today some of them looked dead (gerrard)

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 15:27:29 »

The first half we played very well and outclassed Paruguay, should really have been more than one up.

Didn't really start the second half too well but I didn't think the substitution worked at all. Crouch will always provide plenty of knock ons from balls he wins in the air which is great if you have Owen there to to get on the end of them which worked very well in the first half but when Crouch is isolated with no-one within 30 metres of him there is no-one he can head it down too so there is no point in just playing high balls to him.

If Sven wanted to take Owen off then surely he should have brought on Walcott or there is no point in him being there. Also it was dissapointing than Aaron Lennon didn't get a chance as his pace could've been a big help in the second half.

The delivery in the second half was also much worse, in the first half it was superb and led to the goal.

Hopefully it was just the heat that took it out of us but we can play a lot better. The important thing is we got a win though, need to beat Trinidad and Tobago now and then we can think about giving Rooney some time to get match fit.
Dazzza

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 15:31:09 »

I'd agree we were crying out for a striker to come on in the 2nd half after they nailed down Cole in his hole.

Crying out for Dafoe really.   As BWB and Ian Wright mentioned there's not much point in young Walcott being there if he's not going to play.

STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 15:31:37 »

oh, and we will never win the WC with sven...hes too negative

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 16:10:24 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
I think we'll win, but it won't be pretty.

Coxy in correct prediction shocker

For once I also agree with BWB.

Its after midday now, so beer is acceptable. Although I'm currently drinking coffee.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 16:12:58 »

Fucking rubbish.  My mates have stood me up on an all-day sesh and night out in Brighton, so I should be cunted about now and ready to go out....   :x

Oh yeh, the footie was alrite...
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 16:24:04 »

Sad  Bit of an anti climax really. The game was slightly dull, and its a bit worrying that we did'nt score any ourselves but to be fair we had alot of chances and I still think we'll win the games coming up too but it won't be a walk in the park. Lampard looked shit hot, I have a good feeling he'll score some beauties for us in this competetion. Gerrard worked his arse off too.

RED ARMY
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 18:20:50 »

How can they blame the heat! especially beckham, ffs he plays in spain every week!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 18:32:44 »

Not a classic seconf half performance Smiley But a commanding if not deadly first half.

Crouch can not play as the loan attacker Sven. It's OK pushing Joe Cole up bu he needs someone along side him as an out and out attacker.

At the end of the day we have 3 points, 2 more than anyone else in our group. A win against T&T and we can put our feet up a bit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 18:39:54 »

That was dogshite, we created about two chances in each half....only one of those was any good and it went in.

Strikers, got nothing and did nothing.....

Too much backwards and sideways passing, not enough get up and go. 2nd half we were crying out for Rooney to pick up the ball deep and just drive forward at their defence.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 18:42:21 »

At the end of the day we have 3 points, 2 more than anyone else in our group. A win against T&T and we can put our feet up a bit.

Agree,it was dull and a bit worrying in the second half :-))( but at this stage its about getting through to the next round,its no good playing really well yet,lets save it for the knockout rounds[fingers crossed anyway Wink ]

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 19:20:22 »

Oh yeah and the referee was fucking awful.

We had far more than 2 chances in the first half though.

Wouldn't surprise me if Paraguay got past the group stages.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 19:58:08 »

Beckham is a cunt -should have been subbed with half an hour to go.Apart from the free kick did shit all.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonic youth

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, June 10, 2006, 20:51:24 »

agreed adje, sadly i think his deadball ability makes him almost a neccessity as we'd have been fucked without him today. i'd much rather see a winger who will take players on, trackback, you know - actually play like a winger.

oh hang on we've got one!

the ref was shite as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: