Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: KP you fackin legend  (Read 3342 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:08:57 »

He said 'drain' not 'dray' or at least that's what I heard - 'he's bowled like a drain' is a pretty common cricket expression.

I think Kabir should play on Friday - he took 3 wickets, bowls a good inswinging yorker and give Harmy more time to recover (he still had his leg strapped up today).
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:09:35 »

Jimmy Anderson is a better one day bowler than he is test bowler
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:11:24 »

As shown by his performances this winter against Zimbabwe and South Africa 'A' I presume.... oh.

Jimmy can't land it on the right strip at the minute.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:12:44 »

Ali looked piss scared.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:13:46 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
As shown by his performances this winter against Zimbabwe and South Africa 'A' I presume.... oh.

When he clicks though, he's the best we've got at changing pace/length/line. He won't click until he gets some games.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:17:45 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quote from: "Boeta"

When he clicks though, he's the best we've got at changing pace/length/line. He won't click until he gets some games.

Mate, he had 5 games v Zimbabwe, 1 Test v SA, 1 OD v SA 'A' - that's shit loads of overs.

And don't try and tell me Anderson's good at changing 1) pace (he's one paced), 2) line (he changes from a good line to a shite one) 3) length - see 2).

He's got so much talent but he's bowling like my nan and should really be back in England working with the Academy.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:21:25 »

1. He's the only bowler bar Gough whose got a slower ball!
2. and 3. Disagree, at least when he's on form

Dude, it's central contracts showing their flaw. He couldn't play over the summer for Lancs, because Ingerland wouldn't let him. Ingerland wouldn't play him because he wasn't bowling in county cricket. So he's on tour with less than 110 overs behind him over the summer. Stupid.

Generally I think centrals are fine, but the Aussies don't do it, they just pick form players I think. Thus, the system? If you can't beat them, join them...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 22:03:08 »

Hoggard, Collingwood and Kabir have all got slower balls. Hoggard got at least one wicket in the Test series with a slower ball and Ali was going to bowl the last ball as a slower one before Gough told him to go for a yorker, whilst Collingwood bowls at least one every over.

When was the last time he was on form though? Almost two years ago.

Dude, it's central contracts showing their flaw. He couldn't play over the summer for Lancs, because Ingerland wouldn't let him. Ingerland wouldn't play him because he wasn't bowling in county cricket. So he's on tour with less than 110 overs behind him over the summer. Stupid.

Dave, this is complete and utter bollocks.

Anderson didn't play for Lancashire because he was playing for England (3 Tests and 5 ODIs - but was in all three one day squads), and he wasn't playing for England because... oh yeah he was.

Now what I want to know is where did you get this 110 overs figure from? Because in the summer of 2004 James Anderson bowled 373.1 overs.

Generally I think centrals are fine, but the Aussies don't do it, they just pick form players I think. Thus, the system? If you can't beat them, join them...

Key words here have been highlighted. Where did we get the idea of central contracts from? The Australians, who in fact have between 20 and 25 players on central contracts. So we've already joined them.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 22:13:48 »

the battle for cricket knowledge supremacy. boeta seems to have the edge over young scamp russell.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 07:55:05 »

not really a good thing though!  Wink

Caddick should be playing, sod Anderson!  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:33:41 »

johno with his secret passion for older men  :?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:54:03 »

Quality match, watched the last 20 overs up the gym, everyone else was on the treadmills or lifting weights, I was just stood there watching the cricket.  never felt so healthy.

So how come this South African KP is playing for England then???  What's the story?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:21:11 »

KP became disillusioned with SA domestic cricket, citing the quotas (ie. having to pick a certain number of non-white players in each side - usually 3) as not allowing him enough opportunities. In South Africa, KP was an off-spinning all-rounder batting at 8, then when he came to England as an 'EU player' (because of his English mother) he basically gave up the off-spin and turned himself into a run machine, and one of the most exciting in the world at that.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:26:03 »

"A run machine" I like the sound of that.  Fair play if he's got an english mother that's alright with me.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 10:42:36 »

KP's wagon wheel of yesterday's innings was the most complete 360 degree range I've ever seen. He hit shots to every point on the ground. Masses of 1s and 2s into the gaps available no matter what the delivery line and length. He's got great mobility at the crease, wristiness, a great eye and timing. Not a bad combination.

Should be some contest between him and Warne. Bet  the Aussies are already working on some strategy to exploit the way he exposes his leg stump when he moves across.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: