Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best player we've had...  (Read 6583 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 18:41:01 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Mooney moved down a division, Parkin moved up one. I think that speaks volumes.

Thats cause of the age difference, with Parkin at the beginning of his career with Mooney coming to an end   Soapy Tit Wank      

If we play a 4-5-1 formation, then Parkin is better then Mooney without a shadow of a doubt.  However in a 4-4-2 formation, Mooney was class, and i'd probably pick Mooney over Parkin.

Mooney is more like a Dennis Berkamp style player, whilst Parkin is more like a Dean Ashton style player.  

In my opinion, Mooney is a more adaptable striker.  He's able to adapt to his fellow strikers style of play, and thats why he played well with Parkin and Fallon (when given the chance). Parkin on the other hand struggled to develop partnerships with Fallon and Roberts.

Both were excellent strikers, but Mooney was just a a bit better imo   Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:06:00 »

Quote from: "StefPol"

Thats cause of the age difference, with Parkin at the beginning of his career with Mooney coming to an end   Soapy Tit Wank      

Thus proving my point further. He was getting worse the longer he went on.

Plus, Parkin stayed loyal, Mooney went off to THE SCUM, which I think are imporatant attributes of a player from a fan perspective.
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:06:49 »

who's mooney? i don't remember this person at all.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:26:52 »

Thus proving my point further. He was getting worse the longer he went on.

Plus, Parkin stayed loyal, Mooney went off to THE SCUM, which I think are imporatant attributes of a player from a fan perspective.

I think the postion of Mooney and Parkin was a little different.  Granted Mooney fucked off for more money, but at his age, any additional wages is an important factor when deciding whether to move or sign a new contract.  Hence if a lower league club offered more wages, then he would take the chance.
 However in Parkins case, whilst money was important, career progression was probably more important.  If someone like Oxford offered Parkin a chance to double his wages,  then imo, he would probably have rejected the chance.  He would have prefered to stay at swindon with the hope of scoring loads of goals on a consistent basis - so that clubs like Ipswich and Leeds would sign him, as apposed to other shitter clubs
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:34:33 »

My argument makes no mention of money. I understand the disimilar situations but that's a fact that has to be tackled when making comparisons.

Your sig alone suggests that anyone who fucks off to Oxford shouldn't be regarded as the best player.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:43:40 »

tommy money just changed clubs to get himself a signing on fee. don't be too suprised if we see him back at the cg next season.

Things get better but they never get good
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 19:50:33 »

My argument makes no mention of money. I understand the disimilar situations but that's a fact that has to be tackled when making comparisons.

Your sig alone suggests that anyone who fucks off to Oxford shouldn't be regarded as the best player.

So if Henry went to Spurs for £40 million,  then should Arsenal fans suggest that someone like Van Persie or Bergkamp has been a better player for Arsenal ?

Or if Parkin was supposedly sold to Oxford,  then is Fallon all of a sudden better then Parkin ?
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 3, 2006, 20:07:32 »

that's entirely different, henry's had more than one good season and arsenal would never sell him to spurs.

if parkin had gone to oxford, i'd have been furious. absolutely livid.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 4, 2006, 01:25:22 »

So if Henry went to Spurs for £40 million,  then should Arsenal fans suggest that someone like Van Persie or Bergkamp has been a better player for Arsenal ?

Or if Parkin was supposedly sold to Oxford,  then is Fallon all of a sudden better then Parkin ?

No, but if the role was reversed and Parkin went to the pox after one good season and Mooney had stayed then I would be agreeing with you. Parkin had more seasons at Swindon than Mooney, yet still scored bags of goals, goals which weren't assisted by the 'ever adaptive' Mooney.

There were other players in our team that season that had a great year. Fatty Howard even played well ffs, but I wouldn't even come close to calling him our best player.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 4, 2006, 08:35:07 »

let's not argue and all agree that ty gooden was awesome and could still do a job for us on the pitch

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, June 4, 2006, 10:12:35 »

I concur
fatbury

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, June 4, 2006, 10:23:38 »

Sam Parkin - Rory Fallon - Rhys Evans
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, June 4, 2006, 10:27:43 »

Rory Fallon

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,