Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Evans opts for blackpool  (Read 3842 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:10:35 »

Ahh, but the Todd/Evans thing were in fact two seperate balls ups.

One was a Manager on some crazed voyage of transfer activity discovery, which seemed to involve signing anyone provided nobody had heard of them.  The other was the signing of two people on astronomical wages which the club clearly couldn't afford.

This time we have, it seems, signed someone who wanted to come, probably isn't costing as much as you might think (King was on £100k as it was), and has been told we have some money to spend but that he must wheel and deal.

If it goes pear shaped, I think it will be known seperately as the Wise Incident and not the Todd/Evans/Wise incident.
Dazzza

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:21:32 »

I think some of the problems came from the fact that the current incumbent couldn’t afford to finance the previous regimes rather ambitious and in the case of Todd rather ludicrous transfer wheeling and dealings.

Chicken and egg and been done to the death but had the current board not taken over would the club have received the financing Donegan claimed to have been available, the stadium plan gone ahead and things be all sunshine and roses?

Depends on who you believe but there is a definite familiarity of optimism in the air that usually precedes an American History X  biting of the curb of pain and disappointment.

Personally I’m keeping m gum shield in until I see what the Dennis brings in pre-season.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:23:26 »

right - Rhys' contract expires on July 1st - get him in with a paint brush for four weeks then!
McLovin

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:26:42 »

Haha, ace idea, Ron!
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:48:15 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
I think some of the problems came from the fact that the current incumbent couldn’t afford to finance the previous regimes rather ambitious and in the case of Todd rather ludicrous transfer wheeling and dealings.

Chicken and egg and been done to the death but had the current board not taken over would the club have received the financing Donegan claimed to have been available, the stadium plan gone ahead and things be all sunshine and roses?

Depends on who you believe but there is a definite familiarity of optimism in the air that usually precedes an American History X  biting of the curb of pain and disappointment.

Personally I’m keeping m gum shield in until I see what the Dennis brings in pre-season.

I'm liking the Analogy there Dazzza Cool
Dazzza

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 15:54:51 »

Is there sound in that scene?  I've never noticed and always presumed there wasn't but the thought of hearing that crack sets me on edge just thinking about it.

flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 16:10:08 »

There is sound but it's not the teeth crushing it should have been.
Swindon_gol

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 22:09:06 »

Gunna really miss Rhys!!

Good luck!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2006, 18:46:17 »

To be honest i am glad that "Big head" Evans has gone

Yes he won the player of the year awards but hardly an achievement last year was it looking at who he was up against! I think the fact he won them says it all about last season.

The guy was a good shot stopper. However his command of his area was poor, his distribution was poor (never threw ball out) as was his kicking.
There is much better out there. Lets move on
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: