Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon-town-fc.co.uk  (Read 6750 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 9, 2016, 10:37:16 »

Indeed, it is the best site for any information about STFC anywhere by a long long way. Love the site.

I'm not sure if still the case, but I suppose about 10 years ago now, I was doing some research for a contribution to a book about players, world wide.

Very difficult, as even many of the traditional big clubs of English football, you know Burnley, Huddersfield, Pompey had nothing as comprehensive as Richard's site....foreign clubs even less so.

It is indeed a treasure house.  I've said it before about the the way the club is going.....it is things like this and the efforts of the likes of Plowman, along with the hardcore loons who go week in week out, where the spirit of the club lives...oh and the TEF to an extent.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 9, 2016, 17:26:16 »

I was just reading the report for my first ever match at home to Shrewsbury on 10 April 1976.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19760141

I'm hoping that's the correct link, the comment bit is interesting -

"The restrictions by reporter Bob Spivey by the Swindon Town board has included a ban on the interviewing of players....unfortunately we cannot tell you because of the boards petty restrictions...."

Seems that there was some sort of ban in place back then as well
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:03:42 »

I was just reading the report for my first ever match at home to Shrewsbury on 10 April 1976.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19760141

I'm hoping that's the correct link, the comment bit is interesting -

"The restrictions by reporter Bob Spivey by the Swindon Town board has included a ban on the interviewing of players....unfortunately we cannot tell you because of the boards petty restrictions...."

Seems that there was some sort of ban in place back then as well

What do you mean as well? There is no ban now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: