Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘It was King that cocked it up,’ says Charlie  (Read 13149 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 16:30:58 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

This circular argument crops up from time to time...on the one hand you have the KOB who see King as the spawn of the Devil, and on the other the irrationialists who see King as a competent manager, who held the line for us at a time when it would have been all too easy, as the Scum have proved to head to the Conference.
Bit like saying vote Tory or the Commies will take over. and irrelevant because he would have been ditched on route unless you presume a direct relegation from Div1 to the Conference.
Unfortunately, its a circular argument, because the flat earthers (KOB), insist on backing their opinions with statements like the earth is flat because I heard a rumour to that effect from a 19 year old kid.
... just as the irrationalists (sic) like BWB state an opinion "King would have saved us from relegation" as fact and you accept that without evidence because it suits your argument. Where's the logic?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 16:42:16 »

I didn't state it as fact, I just said the evidence suggests we would have stayed up.
red macca

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 16:43:19 »

well fuck having you represent me in court,because that evidence is bollocks mate
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 16:44:33 »

It's far more solid than any evidence to the contrary.
red macca

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 16:50:41 »

the most underlying fact in my eyes ben is that when things were good king was a good man to work for.when the chips were down he was a wanker.the way he treated some players this year was disgracefull no matter what you say he had lost the players its as simple as that..
1 example is ifill he showed how good he can be but king drained every last bit of confidence that kid had out of him..if he ever gets another job ben i suggest you go watch him in a training session,i seen him at about 20-30 sessions and believe me the players do not like him,,as for your argument that sean o,hanlon spoke out in favour for him who was it who made him captain against everyones advise..andy king
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 17:03:05 »

In the immortal words of The Average White Band.

Let's go round again
Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time
Let's go round again
One more time
Let's go round again
Let's go round again
One more time, one more time, one more time
One more time
red macca

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 19:10:19 »

Let's go round again
Let's go round again
One more time
Let's go round again
Let's go round again
One more time
the usuall i see reg..i dont understand why some people will not accept that king done a good job then royally fucked up with his attitude
STFC Village

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 20:28:43 »

My sincere apologies to all for starting off this thread and reigniting the KOB Vs KIB's battle. Sorry Sad
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 21, 2006, 09:32:10 »

At the end of the day, despite all this 'evidence' going around, there is no way of knowing how we'd have done had King stayed, so there isn't much point in arguing about it really, I mean if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 21, 2006, 11:46:02 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
At the end of the day, despite all this 'evidence' going around, there is no way of knowing how we'd have done had King stayed, so there isn't much point in arguing about it really, I mean if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

I like your point at the end there Edinburgh.  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 21, 2006, 11:54:32 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"

I like your point at the end there Edinburgh.  Cheesy

its not true though is it.

Say your aunt was mental, ran after some guy cut his balls off and kept them in a jar. Then she would have bollocks....but she wouldnt be your uncle
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, May 21, 2006, 12:33:54 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
My sincere apologies to all for starting off this thread and reigniting the KOB Vs KIB's battle. Sorry Sad

:x  Cheesy

RED ARMY
normy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 21, 2006, 14:08:48 »

Quote from: "red macca"

Let's go round again
Let's go round again
One more time
Let's go round again
Let's go round again
One more time
the usuall i see reg..i dont understand why some people will not accept that king done a good job then royally fucked up with his attitude

Agree with you, King's attitude finished him, but manyother managers are not likeable, unlike Iffy .  I was of the KIB, and King's previous record showed me that he was capable of keeping us up because he could reverse losing runs in to long winning runs as in the past. Iffy had no track record at all, nice bloke though he is, and I had little  faith in him, although I supported his efforts. King had to go eventually because of his attitude, but I always believe that a manager should be given a full season, and he should have been retained to try to keep us up. Then sack him at season's end if necessary. Iffy was inferior to King for tactics and selection in my view, as expected, though he did his best.
It is irrelevant now anyway except for historical purposes, and the new regime is exciting if unproven. Hope everything is swept clean as it were, but with STFC this never seems to happen!
The King is dead, long live the King! ( Not Andy!).

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: