Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘It was King that cocked it up,’ says Charlie  (Read 13121 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 20:15:38 »

BWB  clearly has the more coherent points in this debate....if you deconstruct CCP's words they do not confirm the prejudices of the KOB,  they are just misinterpreting them.
STFC Village

« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 20:20:40 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i've got this horrible feeling of deja vu
Fucking matrix glitch again
magnum150

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 20:33:38 »

CCp should keep is opinions to himself. First thing Wise is going to think is 'Gobby shite'

The last players I remember gobbing off about managment soon departed from Newcastle and Birmingham and are now both playing reugular football for an up and coming manager and will play in Europe next year.

Hang on, I think I lost that somewhere. Still point well made. Players shouldn't make their feelings known.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 20:46:51 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
BWB  clearly has the more coherent points in this debate....if you deconstruct CCP's words they do not confirm the prejudices of the KOB,  they are just misinterpreting them.

So which part of 'King cocked up' are the KOB 'misinterpreting then Reg?
red macca

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 22:10:20 »

he is saying what 90% of us already know
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 23:56:25 »

Quote from: "magnum150"
CCp should keep is opinions to himself. First thing Wise is going to think is 'Gobby shite'

The last players I remember gobbing off about managment soon departed from Newcastle and Birmingham and are now both playing reugular football for an up and coming manager and will play in Europe next year.

Hang on, I think I lost that somewhere. Still point well made. Players shouldn't make their feelings known.

CCP has clearly stated that he wants to play under the new management and has praised Wise and Poyet. It was pretty damn obvious that the train had come off the rails under King so stating that he cocked it up is no revelation. I think for these reasons Wise and Poyet will keep him on providing they like what they see on the pitch. That said they might be afraid if it goes even more tits up that CCP will blab.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 00:18:55 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

The bit where the club is about to go to the wall through  an unprecedented two periods of administration, against a back drop of transfer embagoes and unpaid wages...we managen to finish mid table or better , having retrieved the mess created by name manger T*dd.

Throw in an at least 500K profit on transfer dealing, when the club is faced with a mil bill to continue..then any sane person, like BWB will judge King a success.

FACT.

Further it was pointed out by BWB and a couple of others that sacking King would lead to an inexperienced replacement and a likelihood of relegation.

CCP, for all his youthful endeavour hasn't got the first clue about, the last 4 or so years of STFC history....nor should he...he's a player.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 07:08:53 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

The bit where the club is about to go to the wall through  an unprecedented two periods of administration, against a back drop of transfer embagoes and unpaid wages...we managen to finish mid table or better , having retrieved the mess created by name manger T*dd.

Throw in an at least 500K profit on transfer dealing, when the club is faced with a mil bill to continue..then any sane person, like BWB will judge King a success.

FACT.

Further it was pointed out by BWB and a couple of others that sacking King would lead to an inexperienced replacement and a likelihood of relegation.

CCP, for all his youthful endeavour hasn't got the first clue about, the last 4 or so years of STFC history....nor should he...he's a player.

Fair enough. I don't think I'm going to say any more about Andy King. I know what I think of him, other people have their opinion and I don't suppose any of us will change our minds. We might as well have a debate about the merits or otherwise of John Gorman or Jimmy Quinn. They are about as relevant now as Andy King.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 07:20:05 »

Only a complete moron would be unable to see that in the latter stages of King's tenure that he'd obviously lost the confidence of the players and fans alike.
Yes he might have worked miracles on a tight buget previously, but when the end came we were on a downward spiral to oblivion and before anyone says any different, why was Iffy able to turn a crap side heading for relegation into one that nearly escaped Huh?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 07:35:10 »

I blame Ralphy personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 07:51:26 »

Quote from: "Mister Lorenzo"
why was Iffy able to turn a crap side heading for relegation into one that nearly escaped Huh?
He wasn't, in reality he just made sure a side that could have stayed up didn't. We finished 5 points adrift, it wasn't that close.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 07:54:41 »

Quote from: "Mister Lorenzo"
why was Iffy able to turn a crap side heading for relegation into one that nearly escaped Huh?

Better budget maybe? Players were brought in.

I'm no king fan, ut I think rarely is everything so black and white. All academic now. Onward and upards hopefully
santini

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 08:23:53 »

..then any sane person, like BWB will judge King a success.
Any one who thought King a success cannot be sane Wink
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 09:09:46 »

:shock:  The real CCP ?

RED ARMY
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 10:16:25 »

Better budget maybe? Players were brought in.

So why was it miraculously suddenly available to Iffy....I don't remember any rich benefactor suddenly pumping money in when Iffy was appointed Huh???

He wasn't, in reality he just made sure a side that could have stayed up didn't. We finished 5 points adrift, it wasn't that close.

My point was which you chose to ignore (as always where King is concerned 'Yawn') that we would have been relegated by Christmas - at least we still had a fighting chance with 2/3 games left....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: