Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: champions league final  (Read 10370 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 23:30:40 »

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41656000/jpg/_41656650_arsenal_fan_crying203.jpg

CUNT
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 23:36:02 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Arsenal in the champions league have often had a team with no English players at all.
only because cole and campbell were injured though, you can't really hold that against them.

and its not as though chelsea, your gold standard, are flush with english talent. there's terry, lampard....sometimes cole
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 23:58:28 »

Chelsea aren't my gold standard but again their two key players are English and Cole is an important player too. Liverpool and Chelsea both have an English core,  even with Campbell and Cole Arsenal's key player is still Henry. This is another reason I like Spurs, most of their team is Engish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 07:09:20 »

Arse, Barsa, Larssa.

Arsenal had the chances to win the match despite only having 10. Well played but not much of a consolation.

Barca Goofy and Greedy were reasonably quiet (Ronaldinho & Eto'o). Some of there players were a disgrace with the card waving and amature dramatics. But we knew that already.

Larsson changed the game with 2 bits of quality.

The ref was out of his depth. The red card was fair but a better ref would have allowed play to go on and yellowed Lehman. It's all well and good spreading the ref tasks between UEFA countries, but some of those countries don't have the big matches. No suprise the refs are shit when they come into a big game then....
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 07:13:10 »

Barca Goofy and Greedy were reasonably quiet (Ronaldinho & Eto'o). Some of there players were a disgrace with the card waving and amature dramatics. But we knew that already.

don't forget eboue's dive for arsenal in the first half was quite amazing  Wink

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
fatbury

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 07:14:28 »

naturally im gutted ... I think Henry will go .. but if he goes to Barca he will look bloody stupid now

So maybe its Madrid?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 08:30:28 »

Yes Whits, the ref was crap for both teams and Arsenal were not blameless. Just hate all the running up to the ref and waving cards rubbish.
McLovin

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 08:33:44 »

I love this result. I really do.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:06:36 »

Isn't it great to see Wenger and Henry crying about the ref.  He disallowed a perfectly good Barca goal (and gave them a free kick), then gave you a free kick for nothing, from which you scored.  Then you say the goals were offside, which they weren't.

I fucking hate those whinging french wankers.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:21:25 »

The ref WAS bad. Not for either side in particular I don't think, but simply incompetant. As mentioned above he was out of his depth.

I thought the red card was fair (although he really should have given the goal) and that Eboue should have been booked for at least one of his collapses/dives.

The Barca players waving imaginary cards were fucking crap. I hate when they do that. And they did it alot. Arsenal's Lauren recieved a second booking for doing that in a game earlier this year/last year. The defender fella ran the legth of the pitch to do it too!

Arsenal weren't outclassed and in fact created the better chances even with 10. If they had manged to put away one of those second half chances it would have been all over.

And the equaliser was offside.

Cole and Campbell were very good.

Ronaldinho was rubbish.

never trust a nun...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:21:42 »

Chim Chimenee
Chim Chimenee
Chim Chim Cheroo
Nayim from 50
Belletti from 2

from a spurs fan at work.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:24:57 »

I don't think the equaliser was offside, looked level to me.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:38:10 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Chim Chimenee
Chim Chimenee
Chim Chim Cheroo
Nayim from 50
Belletti from 2

from a spurs fan at work.

Come on YOU REDS!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 11:18:28 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Chelsea aren't my gold standard but again their two key players are English and Cole is an important player too. Liverpool and Chelsea both have an English core,  even with Campbell and Cole Arsenal's key player is still Henry. This is another reason I like Spurs, most of their team is Engish.
aah so its not about number of english players its about their position? or if they are 'core'?

i don't know how campbell and cole at the back could have been more 'core'. henry did little after the opening bit and the two english players (cole in particular) were on top form.

liverpool have 3 english starters (carragher, gerrard, crouch), chelsea 2/3. they're all as bad as each other in that respect.

take the blinkers off, its fucking boring.
DMR

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 18, 2006, 11:21:05 »

Whats everyone poncing about the ref for?

2 big calls- Lehman HAD to go and thus a Barca goal was ruled out... and Arsenal's goal should not stand because it was cheating.

Suits Arsenal if you ask me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: