Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hardnut Bullock  (Read 6209 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 19:06:49 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Johno"
leitch was brilliant, shame he left, but it wasn't surprising, i believe he still at motherwell as captain!
No he wasn't, he was fucking awful. But I think he would have been brilliant in a lower league.

Jesus Christ, that's so stupid Boeta I should have said it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 19:14:01 »

It defies logic admittedly, but he had all the attributes of an good player but just kept fucking up. The difference between Division 1 and 2 is pretty big and Leitch's style of play would of suited it down to the ground.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 20:25:30 »

What's bollocks about Leitch? That he was very unpopular and a poor performer in his last year here or that he would have done a very good job in Division 2?

About him being booed all the time in that shocking run or last year he was here. I never missed a home game that season and went to a fair few aways and never saw him singled out for abuse more than any other player in that dire season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 21:45:35 »

I do recall him having a fight with Mark Robinson in one game, which kind of endeared me to him because I often felt like taking a swing at Robbo.

For 15K Leitch was value for money, without  ever being that great......would walk into our present side though.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 10:52:00 »

I'm sorry but I thought Leitch was a first class player and don't remember him being bood at all, in fact when Ndah got player of the season (i think he did?) my choice was Leitch. I would love to see him in this team, and the only reason he left was because we could no longer affors his wages.

The fight with robbo was down to robbo yet again making an error which led directly to a goal, as captain Leitch ran over to give him a roasting, so being the gent that he was robbo hit him because he could not handle the truth.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 14:53:12 »

Scott Leitch was class. I dont remember him ever getting any shit from the crowd. Even during his fianl season i remeber him as one of our top 3 players

The best defensive midfield player we've had since Luc Nijholt.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 16:49:21 »

Except Nijholt was a right back.

I remember Leitch being a ver unpopular player where I used to sit and on the old mailing list, unless my memory really is shocking.
Piemonte

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:03:30 »

Except Nijholt was a right back.

Was he bollocks! He was drafted in by Gorman to add some steel to our midfield!

I think you're memory really is failing you Boeta.

Reg, can you adjudicate please? I cant be arsed to look it up
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:06:38 »

pieface 1 boeta 0

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/ForceFrames.htm?http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Seasons.asp
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:08:25 »

Other positions: Right Back

So I wasn't completely wrong
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:09:13 »

no, just mostly
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:13:18 »

ough-tackling Luc played in the heart of the midfield during Swindon's Premiership campaign
Amir

« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:17:52 »

Bullock I don't remember that much about, except the goal against brum(I think on his debut).  Rarely attended the time you are talking about with Leitch, still I remember him getting 9/10 in the sun one game that year and Ndah saying 'we're a completley different team when Scott plays'.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 17:24:56 »

Perhaps I was wrong, but my memory of Leitch is trying that he used to actually think he could play football and hit several attempted cross field passes every game which would go straight to the oppostion. He was our number one ball winner and our number one ball loser.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 20:34:11 »

Leitch was class. Anyone remember that injury he got when you could see the bone in his leg. QPR wasn't it? You had to cringe!

He was one of my favourites along with Ndah, Hay and Walters! That is the team I began supporting Swindon with and I will never forget it. Truly legendary!

That thing about Reading: CLASS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: