Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hardnut Bullock  (Read 6183 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 23:54:04 »

so former player so in 'player' section i guess!

anyway reading in the programme he might retire due to him being 'picked on' by referees. is this surprising!?

he was a legend though, at least if swindon were losing you could watch bullock until he got sent off cause you knew he was going to do something! This pic of him just sums him up really:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/images/Pics/People/PicBULLOCKD.jpg
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 10:00:57 »

Out of his depth in Division 1. Although not as bad as Scott Leitch, who I thought would have been a star had he stayed on in Div 2.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 10:30:53 »

Quote from: "Johno"
so former player so in 'player' section i guess!

anyway reading in the programme he might retire due to him being 'picked on' by referees. is this surprising!?

he was a legend though, at least if swindon were losing you could watch bullock until he got sent off cause you knew he was going to do something! This pic of him just sums him up really:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/images/Pics/People/PicBULLOCKD.jpg

To be fair Johno, Bullock although a bona fide psycho, only got sent off the once for us, compared to David (Thug) Duke twice.......Sam(Nutter) Parkin twice......Jerel (Kryptonite) Ifil twice.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 10:43:31 »

i prefered lee collins at the centre of midfield, the 5ft 2 terrier in the middle, always entertaining when he used to get stuck it!  :twisted:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 11:04:48 »

I remember the Swindon 2-0 Manchester City game when Lee Collins marked (or should that be kicked) Georgi Kinkladze out of the game,
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 12:34:11 »

Agree hundred per cent on Leitch mate. My God how much have we needed a Leitch circa 98 this season.

He went on to be one of the first names on the teamsheet at SPL side Motherwell. OK, the SPL isnt great, but its better than division 3.

Case of Todd throwing the baby out with the bathwater Im affraid.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 13:42:56 »

leitch was brilliant, shame he left, but it wasn't surprising, i believe he still at motherwell as captain!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 13:44:59 »

Quote from: "Johno"
leitch was brilliant, shame he left, but it wasn't surprising, i believe he still at motherwell as captain!
No he wasn't, he was fucking awful. But I think he would have been brilliant in a lower league.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 13:50:11 »

oh well difference of opinion.... if you were that guy in the town end yesterday you would have hit me by now! Wink
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 13:58:10 »

Difference of opinion? Almost everytime Leitch got the ball during that shocking run he was booed by the entire ground.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 14:41:09 »

can never recall that.... i always thought he was good?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 15:45:55 »

That's bollocks about Leitch, he was a fairly decent player would have been just what we needed now. He was strong, committed, good tackler and could spray the ball about.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 15:51:57 »

What's bollocks about Leitch? That he was very unpopular and a poor performer in his last year here or that he would have done a very good job in Division 2?
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 16:11:58 »

I think he might have been objecting to you calling him awful.

I never booed Leitch and liked him to his last days at the club. If you were going to slate a midfielder in that team it had to be Lee Collins who was AWFUL!

I was watching Motherwell vs Hibs on Sky sports about 6 months after he had left us, just to see how he was getting on. About 3 minutes in he absolutely flattened James Lovell - totally took him out. Lovell got up, and there was a close up of Leitch and you could read his lips. Reading he said, thats for being Reading.

Quality.   Cheesy  wish more players would feel that tribal pull.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 16:39:14 »

I never disliked Leitch but there was a spell where he was dismal, despite having all the qualities of a very good player. That's why I think he would have dominated a league below.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: