Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For The first Time Ever  (Read 12906 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:38:44 »

Im ashamed to be a town fan.

If you were singing "we want kingy out"  after the first and second goal then your a prick.

Ive never been so angry in my life, infact i lost it a bit at one point and offered out the Townend Cool

Im off to the pub!

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:41:23 »

It was very loud before the first goal but didn't hear it. I can't say I feel any different about King after today but calling for his head after we score is a bit daft to say the least.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:48:59 »

i started the andy kings barmy army chant and got threatened by 2 guys. i didn't say or do anything to offend them, just supporting the team in my opinion. but you know i wasn't surprised.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 19:03:51 »

These are the pricks king was talking about, I think he has a point.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 19:09:12 »

3-0 up and being depressed about king being in charge and winning is not on!
you know it is stupid.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 20:29:59 »

Some people are twats, but until we start beating these teams consistently, the twats will remain. Crying

here's the man himself when you need him?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 21:40:40 »

I have never seen people so disappointed with a 3-0 win in my life.
Me, Johno and the formerly known Duff_Red chanted Kings Barmy Army at 1-0 and about 8-9 people joined in. The we got booed.
Then the second went in and we sang it again and were still going when the third went in.

Then we were booed by more and more people and some were even threatening us and others around us.

People chant KING OUT and expect people to listen to them, and boo when we voice our opinion. That is disgraceful.

Also make a note of the fact that the KING OUT chant started when Igoe should have shot but passed it straight to a defender. HOW IS THAT KING'S FAULT?!

ANDY KING'S BARMY ARMY
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 22:01:38 »

I bet some of these cunts were hoping we'd lose just so they could do there fucking stupid protests. They're all wankers they should be the ones getting booed. It's lucky for them that I wasn't there 'cos I'd probably have punched a few of them.:box
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 22:07:49 »

Well said Ben
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 23:27:14 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I bet some of these cunts were hoping we'd lose just so they could do there fucking stupid protests. They're all wankers they should be the ones getting booed. It's lucky for them that I wasn't there 'cos I'd probably have punched a few of them.:box

thats what i was saying. there were town fans by us gutted that we were winning. and they chanted 'loyal supporters' my arse are they loyal!
don't matter how many away games they go to and think they're special because of it, if they want stfc to lose, they're not a swindon town supporter
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 23:33:38 »

Perhaps they think a defeat in the short term will have greater long term benefits
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 23:35:39 »

so they prefer us to lose? thats the simple conclusion and its not right. King and the board have basically said he isn't going. so get behind him.

i like how when we were chanting 'andy kings barmy army' we scored three  :beers
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 01:59:27 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Perhaps they think a defeat in the short term will have greater long term benefits

Perhaps they do but they are wrong. I cannot understand anyone who would want the club they support to lose under any circumstances. Anyone who is more concerned about King leaving than whether we do well is a fool. Johno was spot on when he said if they want stfc to lose, they're not a swindon town supporter.

It's unbelievable that we can score three goals in three minutes and they still only care about their king out chants.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 12:22:03 »

Course I was supporting the team yesterday. But it has to be said King was lucky to come across a team cut adrift at the bottom of the table at this time (still managed to come back from 3 down against us though  Sad ).

I never had any intention of singing for Kings head unless we went 2 behind. But I was going to protest at anything less than a win. The King out chants did make me cringe. King is right that there is a hardcore 5 per cent who have always hated him. But he cant use that to explain the fans who turned on him at Southend.

King still needs to go before the end of the season. I viewed yesterday as another 3 points towards safety in case we go into another Kingy meltdown special of 7 or 8 losses on the trot.

King had his chance to show that he was worthy of another season, but he blew it. Time for change.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 12:36:05 »

ANDY KING WANK WANK WANK

I am bitterly disappointed to see that this chant has not re-emerged, now we are stepping up our protests against that bald scouse in charge.  I reckon we should also find out where his mum sits and barrage her with abuse also to force him out....

Seriously...  I think both sides are wrong in this instance.  Some fans like Reeves4England, Johno etc. are satisfied with King and will probably have valid reasons for it.  There are a host of reasons for supporting King, and he is a likeable guy and does give interesting, funny and passionate post-match interviews which I appreciate.  However, to call other fans idiots because they are against King is well wide of the mark.

The memory of Autumn 2002/03 is still a bitter one, and was really when I first started attending games.  This was before I could drive, so each game was a slog to get to, either getting a lift from my parents or a 4.5 hour train journey each way.  Travelling for so long to watch performances such as that against Oldham at home, and the eventual turn around against Mansfield 2-1, which was still a dire performance, are bitter memories in my mind.  He will never be forgiven for that, but last season does go a long way to making up for it.

There are also a host of reasons for not supporting King, and every fan is entitled to their opinion.  I firmly believe we are seriously underachieving this season, and I'm not going to be satisfied whatever the outcome.  Last season we occassionally threatened the automatic promotion places, albeit a very weak threat, this season we are more of a threat to saving Wrexham from relegation.

Personally, my patience with King is growing thin.  I think what he has done for the club has been tremendous, and for that he is a near-legend.  He is the only manager who I have watched football under, so maybe I am not qualified to speak on the matter, but having spent so much money to watch so many crap performances I feel I am.  I hate the cliche "he's taken us as far as he can" as that isn't true, but we're underperforming this season, and were we a more ambitious club such as Sheffield Wednesday or Bristol City (a club very similar to our own), King would have been long gone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: