Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings vs Stockport and discussion  (Read 1861 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:54:08 »

Rhys- fine, looked good today but didn't have much to do really hence a lowish rating- 6

Jenkins- very good today, covered for another poor Igoe effoert down the right but this side was generally not attacked by Stockport so much- 7

Heywood- his best performance for ages, looked more assured in the air and on the floor than Sean, and got the key goal with aplomb (and luck)- 9 (motm)

Sean- similar to Heywood, won everything and scored, loses a mark for some very pacy backpasses- 8

Duke- close runner for motm, absolutely immense tackling all game and linked up with Holmes very well- 9

Igoe- faded in the second half but looked like getting on the end of loose balls and scoring, still shit at crossing- 6

Smith- I thought he was poor in the first 45m and was much improved in workrate in the second, wonderful goal- 7

Hewlett- his best passing game for ages, marshalled quite well by hisgirly standards, I honestly think we miss his leadership when he's out, as today showed- 7

Holmes- I was annoyed with him in the first 45 for hogging and not crossing early enough but was immense and linked up superbly in the second- 8

Slabber- excellent work rate, good link up play, average skills, poor final product- 7

Subs:
Migs- fine, put it about and made some good passes- 7
Fallon- missed a sitter- 6
Howard- who cares- 5

Much improved, some of the ratings may seem a bit low but that was because as improved as we were, Stockport were fucking awful.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:02:59 »

Did Parkin not play?   Tongue

Did Heywood really score a 20 yard strike into the top corner as the Match Live Text Feed stated?

Think you're harsh on Howard, seriously, how did he do?  I think he should start really.  Its all well and good playing Holmes but surely we should foster and encourage our own young players rather than Derby's?
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:05:53 »

Parkin- typical Sam performance that deserved a goal- 7.5

Yes he did, he was outside the area and as much as it was probably a bit flukey, he probably was going for goal.

Holmes > Howard, so Lee should play. Worry about the here and now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 21:44:40 »

Rhys 6 (Did nothing all game really)
Jenkins 6
O'Hanlon 6
Heywood 6.5
Duke 7
Igoe 6
Smith 7
Hewlett 6
Holmes 8
Parkin 7
Slabber 6.5

Fallon 5 (Not much chance to shine)
Howard 5 ( Again not much chance to shine)
Migs 6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: