Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stockport matchday thread  (Read 14641 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 16:59:39 »

I'm fucking happy with that result. They may be bottom of the league but after the last couple of games this was a very important game and could've gone either way, lose this and things would've got a bit nasty.

Great reaction to the midweek defeat, clearly King's motivational skills did the trick.

As we don't have much chance of making the playoffs any more,  I'm just going to enjoy the wins like this. 3-0. 20 shots. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:01:12 »

well if we won every game  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:03:56 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I'm fucking happy with that result. They may be bottom of the league but after the last couple of games this was a very important game and could've gone either way, lose this and things would've got a bit nasty.

Great reaction to the midweek defeat, clearly King's motivational skills did the trick.
As we don't have much chance of making the playoffs any more, I'm just going to enjoy the wins like this. 3-0. 20 shots. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

That is as blinkered and untrue as the arguments used by some ardent King haters.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:08:37 »

classic king - "i wrote 4 things on the board at half time. Concentration; discipline;shape - i forget what the 4th one was"  :-))(
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:15:51 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

As we don't have much chance of making the playoffs any more, I'm just going to enjoy the wins like this. 3-0. 20 shots. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

That is as blinkered and untrue as the arguments used by some ardent King haters.

It was intended to be, that was the point.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 17:55:28 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Should this be called "The Crap/Skint Fans Thread"?

I'm kind of wishing I had gone today, but I don't really have the money and as I don't get to go to many games, I like to see a good performance, and I don't think today will be a good performance.  However, I reckon we'll bounce back today, and it'll be a similar scenario to Mansfield at home. I reckon we will win 3-0, and it looks like we're only missing Andy Nicholas and Christian Roberts, with Jerel Ifil being suspended.

I think this is the first time I've ever made a prediction right.

And my apologies Ben, didn't read the tone in the way it was intended.  Thing is, a win today over 24th in the league is expected.   It's worrying that two of the goals have come from defenders, and that our strikers seem incapable of scoring.  Perhaps we really are missing Roberts, or Howard from the starting lineup.  We'd be 7th if we'd won last week, but as it stands we're 12th 5 points off the playoffs but some teams, including Brentford in sixth, have a game in hand.  Lets hope for a repeat performance at Oldham and then at home to Barnsley the following week.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:11:44 »

We would be sixth if we won last week as it's brentford who are 5 points above us and they'd be below us if we'd beaten them. Bit surprising really. :shock:    Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: