Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre match interview  (Read 1547 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 11:28:43 »

On the official site from King:

Match Preview

Swindon Town Manager Andy King spoke to the press at the training ground this lunchtime and gave his thoughts.

After a turbulent week at The County Ground, King explained that he is concentrating on the task in hand - getting three points on Saturday afternoon.

First on the list of topics was selection issues with injuries and suspension once again playing their part.

"Sammy Igoe has a niggle with his back and we will have Ifil suspended. Andy Nicholas still has a problem with his ankle so we will be without those players so there are decisions to make and I am not afraid to make them.

"I won't be approaching this game any different to any other and will be expecting to win this one as I do every other game I go into. The goals we have given away have been individual, silly mistakes. We haven't had enough within the team either and that hasn't helped our cause."

Andy King

The Hatters arrive at SN1 having taken just 18 points so far this season - with only two away wins recorded along the way, something King knows his players have to take advantage of.

"Stockport County are bottom of the table, but for me the game at Edgeley Park in October sums the season up. We were 3-0 up but I was never comfortable at that point. I threatened them at half-time but the players didn't heed the warning. We gave away silly goals and that is something we have done this season. It is part of the inconsistency that this season has brought us.

"We are 21 points in front of Stockport and still have a chance of moving up the league. If we win tomorrow we will be four points behind the Play-Offs."

We haven't had enough within the team either and that hasn't helped our cause

Nice to see he's recognised that individual mistakes have cost us but the fact we haven't had the whole performance is what is really costing us
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 13:26:07 »

yep
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: