Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Provisional World Cup Squad...  (Read 15001 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:49:48 »

The boy Sven's done good....Walcott was an obvious choice.

Now that Magaret Beckett has replaced Jack Straw, as foreign secretary, because he was too weak on Iran.....it can only be a matter of time before the Crouchmeister is operating behind enemy lines.

She might have to wait for the WC to finish though, as Condee Rice wants to see how Brett Emerton and Lucas Neil get on in the WC, now shes a Blackburn fan.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:50:44 »

Yeah, valid point Simon.

What I think Sven's done is he's gone "I've got inexperience here so I'll stick experience there" and Hargreaves has a multiple role.

I can't help but think Sven might do this for Paraguay...

---------------------ROBINSON----------------------

NEVILLE------FERDINAND-----TERRY-------A.COLE

--------------------HARGREAVES--------------------

BECKHAM----GERRARD------LAMPARD-----J.COLE

-----------------------OWEN--------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: This is not my starting XI just what I think Sven might go with.

Rich
sonic youth

« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:52:53 »

hargreaves gets unfairly slagged off i feel. despite picking up a shitload of caps, he's never really been given a proper chance (that i've seen). the fact he plays abroad and has never played in the premiership automatically means he's not good enough according to the majority of people.

still don't rate him on the basis of what i've seen mind.

defoe is a long long long long way from being 'shite'.
land_of_bo

« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:54:23 »

Defoe over Bent every time, yes Bent has scored 22 goals this season but he is never international quality, he was a like a rabbit in the headlights in the friendly with U R Gay.

Crouch for the golden boot!

Lennon is a great shout, he's been on fire for spurs and could be the unknown quantity needed to turn a game.

Walcott a strange one due to his lack of action since Jan, but again he could have that certain je ne sais quoi in the last 10 minutes of a game, and gives an option.

Hargreaves is always worth taking, never outstanding but can cover so many positions, much rather him than Phil Neville!

Robinson

G Neville
J Terry
R Ferdinand
A Cole

D Beckham
F Lampard
S Gerrard
J Cole

M Owen
P Crouch

Seems a pretty good team to me, with good options on the bench if we have Downing, Lennon and Defoe and good cover with Carragher, Carrick etc...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:54:43 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Yeah, valid point Simon.

What I think Sven's done is he's gone "I've got inexperience here so I'll stick experience there" and Hargreaves has a multiple role.

I can't help but think Sven might do this for Paraguay...

---------------------ROBINSON----------------------

NEVILLE------FERDINAND-----TERRY-------A.COLE

--------------------HARGREAVES--------------------

BECKHAM----GERRARD------LAMPARD-----J.COLE

-----------------------OWEN--------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: This is not my starting XI just what I think Sven might go with.

Rich

I think he'd go for Carrick in that role rather than Hargreaves. Certainly should do anyway.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:05:12 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I think he'd go for Carrick in that role rather than Hargreaves. Certainly should do anyway.

Agreed.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:16:53 »

taking walcott is a great decision, i hope he scores in the warmup matches and forces sven to play him.
DMR

« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:19:33 »

What on fucking earth is going on?

Jesus fuckin' christ. It's a wind-up right?
DMR

« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:21:21 »

Walcott's an insane decision.

People will point to Owen and Rooney but they'd been scoring in the Premier League, fuck me that's absurb, Walcott hasn't even got goals aplenty for Soton, whats he got 5?

Drop Green, 2 keepers is fine, take Defoe/Bent ffs.
DMR

« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:23:43 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Take it Becks hasn't heard of earning his place in the team.nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition for places!!!

To be fair, other than Thierry and Ronaldhino he's been the best player in Europe by a mile this season.
Spud

« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:25:02 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Take it Becks hasn't heard of earning his place in the team.nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition for places!!!

To be fair, other than Thierry and Ronaldhino he's been the best player in Europe by a mile this season.

Who Beckham?.    :shock:
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:25:34 »

give walcott a chance before you write him off, wenger has said its a good decision and he's not such a bad manager. toure says its right too, and he's been trying to defend against him in training, says he's lightening quick and kolo's no slow coach.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:25:37 »

I'd like to know when"Beckham has carried us" 'rus-apart from the Greece qualifier,but that was 5 fucking years ago!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:25:41 »

walcott is a massive gamble....i don't get it. Bent is the top english goalscorer and suld therfore be in the squad...don't get it.

good to see lennon in, he is quality but wright phillips though, he needs to leave scummy chelski to get in the squad. he doesn't play.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:36:15 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
give walcott a chance before you write him off, wenger has said its a good decision and he's not such a bad manager. toure says its right too, and he's been trying to defend against him in training, says he's lightening quick and kolo's no slow coach.

Wenger's bound to say that isn't he.I expect Curbishley thinks leaving Bent out is a bad decision.Does Wenger pick the team now-he told Sven to pick him so he could see how he does before he picks him for the Arse!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: