Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: totally positive  (Read 3256 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 19:41:45 »

yesterday i had arguably one of the greatest days i have ever had at the county ground. winning the award is not the reason for this but having the trophy in hand let me roam the corridors of the arkells and into the platinum lounge.

banbury red and his mob were all there, top lads everyone of them, proper swindon boys, but them aside i got the opportunity to speak to 3 of the most important people at the club.

firstly hats off to mike sullivan, he is not everyones cup of tea but the man loves this club, he is so positive about every aspect of it and he pours his heart and soul into the place. always frank and a total gentleman. a great advert for stfc.

mark devlin. proper sound, what you see is what you get. this bloke has his head screwed on and he will be taking us in the right direction. he might have too make some unpopular decisins but he i gurantee he will be doing it for the good of the club.

bill power, seems ecstatic to be here, a nicer friendlier bloke you coulndt wish to meet, has great plans for the future and is in it for the long haul, a real football man, to be honest he seemed like one of us lot but with shitloads of cash.

the combination of these men is having a huge impact behind the scenes at the county ground, i have never seen the place so positive and determined. everyone seems to be moving in the same direction and there seems at long last a sense of ambition back there.

finally from what i picked up i reckon we will probably have a new manager in the near future, i might be wrong and no one stated this, however i felt it was seriously implied. i also heard it will not involve holloway as the club can not afford him.

any board chair members who let a twat like yeovil have his picture taken being punched is alright in my book.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 20:22:29 »

We spoke to Devlin and Power after the game, both seem like normal people which was quite surprising to be honest. I think we could have a positive future under them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 22:00:00 »

I am feeling good about next season in particular and the future in general. Messrs Devlin and Power deserve our full support - FACT!
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 22:14:06 »

We're still deep in shit, don't forget it, with inept management and players, dwindling support and losing momentum.

Sorry, but someone had to.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 22:14:57 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
We're still deep in shit, don't forget it, with inept management and players, dwindling support and losing momentum.

Sorry, but someone had to.

Shut up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:36:30 »

I have to admit I immediately warmed to Power after he shared his disgust that Stella was not being served from within the confines of the ground!!!!
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:41:29 »

rumour latest on management .. a SENIOR figure will take over as director of football and Iffy will be coach - a similar set up to Bristol Rovers with Lennie Lawrence and Trollope ...

I guess as long as that senior figure is Lou Macari id be happy!
Danjackson10

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:44:23 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
rumour latest on management .. a SENIOR figure will take over as director of football and Iffy will be coach - a similar set up to Bristol Rovers with Lennie Lawrence and Trollope ...

source fatbury?
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:51:53 »

a friend of a friend of a friend of a keeper of a friend but keep it to yourself

I believe the meeting is today and an announcement made some time this week
louavo

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:58:45 »

We too had the pleasure of meeting bill power for the first time. Seemed genuinely happy to be amongst the fans and agreed that the winners bar is in need of stella.

Devlin, IMHO has always been 'one of us', down to earth and trying to pull the club in the right direction.

Well done on your award mex, from what I hear it was thoroughly deserved.

I still can't quite believe they let your campaign manager run amok within the walls of the CG!!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:11:14 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

I'd think this might be a likely outcome (although not Macari)
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:21:56 »

I just cant think who it would be .. Dave Bassett maybe?
my-velocity

« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 10:30:13 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I have to admit I immediately warmed to Power after he shared his disgust that Stella was not being served from within the confines of the ground!!!!

You sat right behind me Rob who was that with you? anyone of this forum?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 10:38:41 »

Marc in the Townend.  he paid for all the streamers at City last week so i took him along.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:00:49 »

Freaky, Rob was sat right behind me too.  I had to correct Mark when he though Orient were still winning 2-1.

I've come to realise that I'm a miserable bastard at football, I can't help but moan moan moan all the time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: