Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: football manager progress  (Read 10890 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 03:21:02 »

finished 5th in the prem in my 2nd season there, so got uefa qualification. here's the squad for the new season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ben3085/squad2010.jpg
Piemonte

« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 11:25:54 »

Colin Calderwood got sacked by Northampton last night, offered him a job as a coach and he accepted straight away. result!

My team is kicking serious ass at the moment. I've played 24 games and am 13 points clear of WBA in 2nd. I've not lost for 13 games, which includes 8 straight wins.

I'm just waiting for the unexplainable dip in form to happen.

I think I might lose SSP too. He's scored 25 in 24 this season and has a £3m min fee release clause in his contract (had to give it to him to get him to sign 2 seasons ago) and Everton and Boro are sniffing round him. The transfer window opens in 5 days and I think he might go as he wont sign as new deal.

I've offered him EVERYTHING I can, including £375k signing on fee, £1500 a goal/game/assist, promotion wage rise of 25% and he still wont sign.

Any ideas?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 13:50:18 »

just do that and whack the min fee up to 8 or 9milliion. if you're going to lose him atleast get some serious wedge.

this thread always makes me want to play it, and its quite a nice hangover cure too  :-))(

officially blacker than the night.
Piemonte

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:05:34 »

Thankfully no-ones bid for him yet.

I fianally lost last night after 18 games unbeaten, the last 11 of which were victories. (club records all round!) I'm 15 points clear after 30 games now. If i dont get promoted to the prem i may have to throw the PC out of the window.

Injuries and as a consequence of that knackered players finally caught up with me. At the moment i have Parkin, Evans, Otsemobor, Quashie, Lionel Morgan, Brian Howard, Pekka Lagerblom all injured with some of them out for the rest of the season. They'd all be in my starting XI apart from Morgan.

On the plus side I signed Andrea Gasbarroni for £400k. He was a god on my Swindon game on CM 03/04 and i'm hoping he's as good on this one. early signs are promising, I urge you all to sign him
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:09:01 »

Just coming up to Christmas for me in the premiership and after 19 games two back to back wins have taken me from the relegation zone to 10th. The board have increased my wage budget so I can afford to pay more than £3000/week wages which means new signings for the January transfer window.  Cool They'll have to be frees though as I've used up my 500k transfer budget already. :|

Might still have a chance of an uefa place.
Piemonte

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:11:09 »

£500k transfer budget for the prem?Huh?? :shock:

I've got that to look forward to :?

The STFC board are a bunch of cunts in this game
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:13:18 »

I got sacked for asking the board for money,im waiting for a new job to come up.

/
W56196272
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:14:58 »

Yep, almost my entire team is free transfers, they do give you 100% of any sales but I've only sold Parkin for money so far.

The oxford board must be much more generous judging by those wages, my highest earning player is on about £3,200 a week at the moment.
Piemonte

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:27:46 »

Really?

I've got players on 6k a week in the championship, and can offer up to £7250 for key players
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:40:29 »

Yeah the bastards only increased it after the transfer window was shut, not sure why but I'm only in my 3rd season, I can offer up to 12k a week now so I've signed a promising player for 9k a week for January which'll be the new highest earner instead of Rhys.

I've asked them for more transfer money a few times but they think I have enough and were starting to get annoyed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:49:06 »

in cm4 i kept asking for a stadium increase. after saying yes 15 times they got pissed off and sacked me. maybe it's like real life, and some Swindon Council member helped write the game
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:34:40 »

Ive only just finished my first season with swindon - champions of league 1!

Had to sell parkin to Millwall in january coz he had a 1.1 million release clause in his contract, and i was gutted coz he was top goalscorer by a million miles. and even playing half the season without him, he was still top scorer of league 1 come the end of the season. My strike force is now Jason Norville, Freddy Eastwood, Freddy Adu and Rory Fallon so im hoping thats gonna be enough to keep me up this season. Also Sammy Igoe is by far the best player on my team - he finished last season with league 1 player of the year, 6 player of the months and an average rating of 8.21.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:36:51 »

For a championship club, with £300k to spend and who doesnt need strikers, can anyone recommend the best player to buy?

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Piemonte

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:52:36 »

Jon Otesmobor, maybe too expensive though.

My advice would be to concentrate on free transfers, theres loads of good 'uns available at the end of the first season.

Dean Richards
Florent Laville
Tugay
Micheal Hughes

they're all old, but good and have at least a season left in them.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 14:00:58 »

If you can get Kenny Lunt on a free then definitely get him, he is class in right midfield. Get David Sanchez if you can get him on a free and Youssef Safri is worth getting too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: