Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BNP OUT !  (Read 2480 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:32:14 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
cameron is a grade a cunt.

shame my area is so full of like-minded cunts and the tories will never lose around here.

ya big leftie poof, cameron's merely an incarnation of blair '97
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:34:45 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
So who would you vote for in Oxon Sonic? Cameron is by far more in touch with our age group.

i voted for an local bloke who stood as an independent candidate in my village, i went to school with his son and i know he's someone 'local' and not some self-serving politician.

the state of politics depress me, it's a case of the best of a bad bunch whilst trying to stop the increasingly media-friendly far right gaining votes.

i will never vote conservative, labour are equally terrible and the lib dems are rapidly sliding.

dave's right about cameron being blair mk ii though.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:35:24 »

Cameron is by far more in touch with our age group.
you joker. this was a local election anyway, nowt to do with that muggins
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
cameron is a grade a cunt.

shame my area is so full of like-minded cunts and the tories will never lose around here.

ya big leftie poof, cameron's merely an incarnation of blair '97
and that's a good thing how?
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:37:23 »

It's not, i'm just saying.

Cameron's an educated fellow on the left of his party, Blairs the same on the right of his. I don't think you can call Cameron a grade-a cunt until he's had a go at royally fucking things a la Tony.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:37:45 »

I live 3 miles from Cameron OF, he's a quality bloke, regular at my local and a nice chap. Likes his ale and ciggies too  Cool
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:37:52 »

i've met him so i have first hand experience of the cuntishness
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:38:27 »

I live 3 miles from Cameron OF, he's a quality bloke, regular at my local and a nice chap. Likes his ale and ciggies too  Cool

all of which are blatantly excellent attributes for a prime minister?!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:39:32 »

all of which are blatantly excellent attributes for a prime minister?!

Don't be petty. Was just showing he is a down to earth human.
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:39:36 »

i've met him so i have first hand experience of the cuntishness

You'd probably feel the same if you met Blair...

Besides whats the point of a Tory leader wasting his efforts on some do-gooder Liberal  Wink
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:40:00 »

i'm sure he's super but unfortunately his party are a bunch of incompetents who'd mess this country up big time, worse than labour IMO

which is what it comes down to really, which of the crap at the top is going to do the least damage
flammableBen

« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 16:40:45 »

Cameron is an alchy!! ace. If he wasn't a tory I'd vote for him.

All polaticians should be pissed. It's the way forward!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 17:01:59 »

Successive Governments of both persuasions and the ever growing menace of 'PC' have provided the perfect breeding ground for the BNP to gain a foot hold in British politics - and that is what they now have, make no mistake.

Working class white people living in major urban areas such as London, Bradford, Birmingham, Manchester etc have become alienated, disenfranchised and disillusioned.  The BNP are offering them what they perceive to be as a viable alternative.  That I am afraid, is a FACT!

An awful lot of people who vote BNP are neither twats or cunts.

This may sound like a party political broadcast for the BNP but at the last three elections I have voted for the following parties: 1) Legalize Canabis (don't use it myself) 2) Green 3) Raving Monster Loony.

I don't imagine I will ever vote BNP but I think it's important to appreciate why the BNP have been able to come to such a position of relative prominance.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 17:21:21 »

Sadly OST is correct - huge numbers of people are disenfranchised from the political process and for some of them the BNP appear to offer if not the answer then at least a way of expressing frustration at the state of the system. That doesn't stop those who voted for them being twats - you could use the same excuses (disenfranchisement, frustration, alienation etc) for, say, a Muslim voting for a hypothetical al-Qaeda candidate and I think everyone here would be quick to condemn that (rightly). At the end of the day, whatever the reasons, I'm sick of hearing the "I'm not a racist but ...." line - if you're not a racist (or using the al-Qaeda example) a terrorist, don't fucking vote for them.
sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 21:01:33 »

agree with both of you.

i won't condemn anyone for being disillusioned with the political process and seeing the bnp as a viable option, because 99% of the time i'd chalk that down to being ill-informed.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 21:47:58 »

i wouldn't say the bnp have a foothold at all, its all because of clarke's fuck up that they've gained and to say that they've now got in the door is adding further fuel to their fire. of 20,000 councilors in the country they have about 13!? its nothing. and next locals, when the immigration issue isn't in the news so much and hopefully nobody talks about the BNP, they'll be back where they were.

OST talks about some kind of working class abandonment of the real parties, but the fact, as you say, is, that the majority are perfectly sensible enough to know that a vote for the BNP is outwardly racist and why, despite many being completely dissatisfied with labour's performance and recent errors, the BNP still made little gains relatively. if they were anything serious, or if they really had got a foothold, the recent issues would have propelled them into the national agenda. in reality they gained a few seats and this kind of overstating plays right into their hands.

tinpot party, very small scale.

agreed that their potential menace shouldn't be underestimated but this is what they thrive on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: