Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: QPR Interview With Paladini - Fascinating stuff  (Read 2683 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:18:13 »

Part One - On the Pitch

http://queensparkrangers.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=925&p=2&stid=8410348

Few mentions of Patron Power but unbelievable stuff that really makes you think what were they doing particularly with Dean Sturridge.

Speaking of thirty plus year olds looking for a pay day, I want to talk about Dean Sturridge, well I don't but I suppose we better discuss it. Did Dean Sturridge go through a medical examination before signing for the club?

Well last season, at the time we were still in with a chance of making the play offs with a good run. Ian Holloway wanted Hayles from Millwall but we couldn't get him, so we had a report about Sturridge and Holloway was keen to get him signed up.

I tried to do a deal with Wolves, you know their guy Moxey, to get him on loan until the end of the season, three months.

This seemed fine but then at the last minute I got a call very early in the morning saying Dean wouldn't come on loan unless he got a deal for another year afterwards.

I spoke to Jim Smith (Sturridge's manager at Derby) and he highly recommended against it. He said if we signed him for a year he'll waste our money. Jim says you need to keep Sturridge hungry.

Holloway wanted him though, the transfer deadline was getting close so the pressure was on to get a deal done.

We spoke to Wolves' medical people about him and they said we could put him right. There was nothing major wrong with him and we'd be able to sort him out. I took him to Italy and everywhere trying to get him fit, it was no good.

So did he have a medical before he signed?

No.

How much has Dean Sturridge cost us over the last 18 months?

One hundred and eighty thousand pounds. We've made him offers to end the deal and get rid of him but he doesn't want to know. We offered him fifty thousand in January and he turned it down. His contract finishes next month, he'll be gone.

Holloway doesn't come out to favourably, nothing to bad and there's always two sides to every story.  Interesting snippet on Holloway as well..

We're going to have to pay him off now aren't we?

Hopefully not, I'm very hopeful he will have a job soon. All the signs are good that he will.

I'd really suggest reading the rest there's even mention of Ramon Diaz!

Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:18:54 »

Part two off the pitch...

http://queensparkrangers.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=925&p=2&stid=8410350

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:32:28 »

Interesting read.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:45:12 »

Part three the juicy stuff is here...

http://queensparkrangers.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=925&p=2&stid=8410452

From Mark Devlin....

"Thanks to Rivals for the interview. A most interesting read. I must have been constantly pissed during my time at Rangers my recollection is so different. I am so grateful that Bill forced them to buy his shares. I would not have been able to persuade him to come to Swindon otherwise! I'm sure Bill can speak for himself but I believe it cost Bill around a million to purchase his shares so he basically got his money back. If you read Paul Finney's thread somewhere below you will see that Bill, at the time of selling his shares, even wrote off a loan that was owed to him. I don't even remember Bill reclaiming any expenses from the club. If he had, I would have just hid them anyway. I simply don't want anyone to think that Bill made money out of Rangers that he then subsequently ploughed into Swindon." - Mark Devlin, qpr-lsa.co.uk, 8.59pm yesterday

Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:46:06 »

Brilliant quote by the way  Cool, what follows in response is a bit of a ramble to say the least.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:57:38 »

haha bitch fight!

That Qpr blokes shadey to say the least.

Wasnt he the reason that someone brought a gun to the directors box?

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 21:59:17 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
haha bitch fight!

That Qpr blokes shadey to say the least.

Wasnt he the reason that someone brought a gun to the directors box?

Think so but there's not much mentioned, presume that's to do with the court case coming up.

STFC Village

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 22:03:02 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
From Mark Devlin....

"Thanks to Rivals for the interview. A most interesting read. I must have been constantly pissed during my time at Rangers my recollection is so different
Go MD! :box:
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 23:02:41 »

Ace read. Especially the last one.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 08:35:48 »

Bloody hell it's like a soap opera down at Loftus Road at the minute.
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 09:26:22 »

All that money though wasted on agents and players not fit to plough my field.

I know we haven't exactly been aggressive in the market the past couple of years but do the amounts seem hideous to anyone else?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:49:57 »

Absolutely, dazza. I had a scan of the QPR LSA board (the one that Mark D's quote was taken from) as well last night - there's some scary shit going on down there by the sounds of it. Fans getting threatening calls, being too scared to go to games that kind of stuff. Dunno about a soap opera, more like the Sopranos
Danjackson10

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:03:40 »

The lsa board is a very interesting read! They hold a very high opinion of our Mr Power! It does sound well dodgy for the R's at the moment, Godfather springs to mind! :?
Danjackson10

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:06:21 »

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/qprlsa/vpost?id=1019931&highlight=devlin[/quote]
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:12:13 »

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/qprlsa/vpost?id=1086278

Holloway is on £180,000 a year apparently.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: