Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sort it out ffs  (Read 9321 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 13:49:23 »

not been to a great deal of away games in the past but considering our league position for pretty much all of the season, our away support hasn't been too bad. i went to a few away games on my own in the play-off season and our support wasn't brilliant, maybe the fact i was alone made it worse.

i stayed afterwards on saturday but didn't clap any of the players. i sort of made a point of lighting up and not clapping or cheering. many of them don't deserve any respect, plaudits or support but we've booed them in the past. the season is over, we've been relegated and it's in the past. it's all irrelevent.

my thoughts on iffy are mixed, i'm starting to think that perhaps a fresh start is required in the summer but then i struggle to justify sacking him when he never had a hope of keeping us up anyway.

i do wish everyone would stop worshipping some of the players. i like peacock but i'm not quite sure how he's become such a 'legend'.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 14:03:20 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

i do wish everyone would stop worshipping some of the players. i like peacock but i'm not quite sure how he's become such a 'legend'.

Anyone with a tattoo like his instantly deserves the status of legend...

I think in the current climate, any player who shows passion for the club gets the status of "legend"....  I'm hoping Peacock will be ala Mooney in the playoff season and really get the crowd going.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 14:32:49 »

People that think the fans are stupid for clapping and praising the team event hough we got relegated are stupid , get a fucking grip. This is our football club, why just because your grumpy buggers should we be ? yes we're relegated, but I clap because I bloody well want to! I WILL praise curo because I think he's been great since he has been back from colchester and I WILL praise iffy as I think he's made improvements. Don't call us arse lickers. If you call us arse lickers we will call you grumpy bastards  Cheesy  If you can't say you were proud at bristol city, forgetting everything else you must have a screw lose.

RED ARMY
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:41:16 »

I'm a grumpy bastard and proud then.

This is the worst STFC side I have witnessed.  The worst in terms of character, of fight and team spirit.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 15:49:43 »

I agree, this is the worst season I have witnessed since supporting this club. I won't say that we've been good all season and I won't say all the players are brilliant because thats not true and I don't think Nobody thinks that. But when something positive does happy, you praise it. Theres surely nothing wrong with that? And singling out fans just because they see a bright side now and again is slightly unfair.

At the end of the day, every football club goes through a bad patch and we're having one at the moment. I can guarrante that good things will come our way sooner or later because most of the time thats just how it  goes and I believe in us. Stamping our feet and moaning at everything does not get you anywhere even though sometimes you feel its all you can do. You just have to accept it and move on. Our season is now over, I feel now we should all stop moaning at what could of been and slating players for missed chances. Whats done is done, show some support and confidence for next season  Cheesy

RED ARMY
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:13:52 »

I wasnt clapping, i was waving bye bye to 'em!!!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 16:27:17 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I'm a grumpy bastard and proud then.

This is the worst STFC side I have witnessed.  The worst in terms of character, of fight and team spirit.

I agree,and I've been watching since 1967.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: