Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sort it out ffs  (Read 9323 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:18:46 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
the managers, players and fans have been equally fucking rubbish this season
DMR

« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:23:06 »

Well we have, I can't believe you're disputing that.

Numbers and noise have been lower than they have been for ages.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:26:24 »

Average attendance is up on last season I think!?!

Noise has been poor for several seasons and this season I think it was amazing it didn't turn sour, so I'm not suprised it wasn't a cauldron of noise.  Normally you'd have half the season spent with fans booing and calling for blood every week.  That hardly happened after King went and things stayed remarkably positive considering what was being served up.  City away was better than I've seen for a many a year down there, normally it's a damp squid atmosphere wise as the Gate.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:12:48 »

I have to agree with Dave, this happy clapping support is doing my head in.  I can't believe the amount of people waiting for the players to come back out after Saturday's shit performance, not to mention the rest of the season.  I couldn't wait for the final whislte so I could get out of there.

When the guy with the mic said "Iffy's just told me the lads are going in for a couple of minutes, but then they'll be back to thank you all..."it nearly made me sick.  I can't believe that so many people were booing the club under King, now applaud the same useless players because they play under Reeves and Iffy.  FFS they're putting in the same shit performances but get applauded.

And one half decent result against City doesn't make them heroes, they a bunch of useless fucking cunts who deserve the wrath of their public.

(Lee Peacock is not included in my above rant).
Melksham Red

« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:24:52 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I have to agree with Dave, this happy clapping support is doing my head in.  I can't believe the amount of people waiting for the players to come back out after Saturday's shit performance, not to mention the rest of the season.  I couldn't wait for the final whislte so I could get out of there.

When the guy with the mic said "Iffy's just told me the lads are going in for a couple of minutes, but then they'll be back to thank you all..."it nearly made me sick.  I can't believe that so many people were booing the club under King, now applaud the same useless players because they play under Reeves and Iffy.  FFS they're putting in the same shit performances but get applauded.

And one half decent result against City doesn't make them heroes, they a bunch of useless fucking cunts who deserve the wrath of their public.

(Lee Peacock is not included in my above rant).

Here here
Amir

« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:26:04 »

I thought we'd made ourselves quite clear after the MK and Brentford games, or shall we boo them first game of next season and all so they don't get too comfortable?

Draw a line under it, for fuck sake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:31:05 »

I'd agree with pretty much all of what jan said. Just don't agree with slating fans  who make the effort and pay a good amount of cash to do so for the fact that the playing budget was too low, so the team was shit. That's not the fans' fault, and it's a bit rich to slag off people who've suffered enough IMHO - we've done all we can, but the players haven't done their part of the bargain.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:31:11 »

Exactly Amir, Saturday was a perfect chance for people to show the players that their effort and attitude is unacceptable.  Instead they get 5,000 idiots clapping them.  No wonder they don't care if they can get away with playing like shit in front of their adoring public.

I wouldn't expect many people to vent their anger at the start of a new season though.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:36:05 »

I stuck around,but i was most certainly not clapping our players :x ,i was stood there listening to the Pox going down on my radio,five minutes extra time ffs.But i agree there was no way the players deserved any kind of ovation considering the shit we've had to put up with this year Crying I'm just pleased the season is over.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Amir

« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 11:41:56 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Exactly Amir, Saturday was a perfect chance for people to show the players that their effort and attitude is unacceptable.  Instead they get 5,000 idiots clapping them.  No wonder they don't care if they can get away with playing like shit in front of their adoring public.

Fair enough.  Wouldn't have caught me hanging around to clap them.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 12:30:05 »

Booing your team is fucking stupid. It's going to make them low and lacking even more in confidence.

Some people don't think.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 13:00:25 »

"There's only one Bill Power" was worth staying for! had a big grin on his face and looked pretty enthusiastic talking to Devo.  Thats my closure for this season as pretty much one of the only positive things to come out of it.

Its easy to pass the blame but that isn't going to get us back into league one. Draw a line under this season and lets hope we can rebuild and prepare properly for next.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 13:10:51 »

Bill Powers ace ,he also has a drunk look about him Cool

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 13:16:31 »

I think there were a few players worth clapping.  I think Evans deserves some respect and a couple of others (Tounami, Lucas, and even Iffy ).  

Agree though that a number of  those who wanted King Out seem satisfied even though we have largely carried on in the same vien.

But it's over now. We'll have to see what the summer brings.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 13:25:26 »

Given our shit season, I think our fans have been very good this season - City away was a great atmosphere, anyone who thinks otherwise obviously goes to the Nou Camp every Saturday....

I clapped the players because I think this season simply some just haven't been good enough, but not for the want of trying.  I'm happy with Jack Smith, Lee Peacock, Rhys Evans, Andy Gurney, Aaron Brown and Jerel Ifil.

Simply most have not been good enough, or suffered through injury, rather than having the wrong attitude or not trying.  For example, Ifil comes under all sorts of stick yet watching him play he seems to have the bit between his teeth and plays like he cares.  Yes he makes mistakes, but in time I think he'll iron them out of his game.

There's a couple of players who I think have had a poor attitude, but I won't single out names on here as I've got no concrete evidence to support this.  I'm not going to boo or shun the team just because of a few individuals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: