Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sort it out ffs  (Read 9322 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 16:16:10 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Deja vu! Fuck! Must be a glitch in the Matrix! Everybody to the nearest 'phone!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 16:34:52 »

There's no doubt that sacking Iffy would be justified, he had a good run of games did OK for a while then blew it big style.

However, it really depends on whether the Powers that be, want to splash the cash to get a proper manager....if yes then good, if no then we may as well stick with Iffy as try out another cheap inexperienced man.

The board though need to make some kind of statement,  as much by action as words, as to the aim for next season.

As things stand, staying in L2 will be some kind of achievement given the paucity of quality at the club.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 16:37:04 »

Devlin has already said he wants a 'swift return to league 1'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 16:55:33 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Devlin has already said he wants a 'swift return to league 1'.

Saying it though needs to backed up with actions, as things stand we are woefully poor in most areas.....in terms of quality and numbers.

Of our likely squad for next season given fitness doubts etc, I'd say only Jerel, Peacock, Brown, Gurney and possibly Jack Smith are up to the required standard.
Melksham Red

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 17:22:36 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Take it neither MR or DMR was at Forest or City then? How can you say our fans have been shit this season? FFS, considering the unremitting shit we've had to put up with on the pitch (and a good deal of it off the pitch as well) the fans have been brilliant. You two might have been shit, don't judge the rest of the fans by your own standards :evil:

I was at both games, aswell as a lot more which gives me a right to an opinion. I bet ive been to more than you mister Trust person sir. I have a lot of respect for you PD but don't ever question my support for the club. I have been a shit fan? HA HA. Just because you shake a bucket, that makes you better than me does it?
DMR

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 18:21:30 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Take it neither MR or DMR was at Forest or City then? How can you say our fans have been shit this season? FFS, considering the unremitting shit we've had to put up with on the pitch (and a good deal of it off the pitch as well) the fans have been brilliant. You two might have been shit, don't judge the rest of the fans by your own standards :evil:

Do one Davis, don't judge my commitment because I'm not towing the Iffy-love-in line. Yes I was at Forest, yes I was at City and yes I have attended every game, home and away, that I could prior to yesterday.
DMR

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 18:22:39 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Give the new man full use of the summer transfer market, a pre-season and opening games.

why not give Iffy the same treatment?

Because the task and responsibilty of first team management is evidently beyond him.
Melksham Red

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 18:24:09 »

Just for the record, I thought our support at City was shite.
DMR

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 18:24:58 »

I'd say it was poor in terms of numbers. Thought it was as loud as it has been this season though, goal was a bit mental.
Melksham Red

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 18:28:06 »

I'd say it was poor in terms of numbers. Thought it was as loud as it has been this season though, goal was a bit mental.

I agree. I didn't like it though because every cunt was licking Iffys and Curetons ass.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:51:53 »

Oh, get down off the hissy fit, the pair of you. I didn't question either of your commitment, just your right to slag off the rest of the fans and describe everyone except your sainted selves as total shit. Tarts
DMR

« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:54:56 »

Bollocks, if you're happy to clap and cheer them and sing their names after an abysmal relegation season then more fool you.

Iffy, the board, the players, they're all total cunts and they don't give a flying fuck. If they've pulled the wool over your eyes then so be it.
fatbury

« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:57:18 »

forget it ... whats done it done .. look forward and hope next year brings at least a play off spot ..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:14:13 »

Bollocks, if you're happy to clap and cheer them and sing their names after an abysmal relegation season then more fool you.

No, I'm not and I didn't - left before they came out on Saturday for exactly that reason. If you'd bothered to read my original post before havign a prissy tantrum, you'd have noticed I didn't disagree with the first two bits of your "analysis". What I objected to, and still do, was you describing the fans as shit - like I said, considering the unremitting shit we've had to put up with this season (which I think was your point), the fans have done very well to stick with it in the numbers and with the commitment they have. Had we seen a little more of the same on the pitch, or in the playing budget which is where the problem started lets not forget, things could have been very different. But FFS the fans are the last  people who need slagging off in all this.
DMR

« Reply #44 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:17:21 »

And I've never said our fans have put up a poor show this year. I haven't made a comment at all on how "good" our fans have been.

My point was everyones getting all back-patty.... not towards each other but to the players. And that's fucking absurd.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: