Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's Going to Be Here Next Season  (Read 6263 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 11:05:31 »

From todays adver...

This isn’t the end
2nd May 2006

SEAN O’HANLON insists Town’s relegation will not inevitably trigger his County Ground exit although he is keen to see the extent of the club’s ambition to bounce straight back into League One at the first attempt.

The skipper has yet to commit himself to a new deal at the club and there is no doubt other sides will be monitoring his contract progress over the coming days and weeks.

O’Hanlon is ambitious and wants to test himself at the highest possible level but that doesn’t mean he will refuse to ply his trade in the Football League’s lowest level next season.

Bill Power’s imminent arrival at the County Ground will inject fresh investment into the club, including a boost for the manager’s playing budget, and O’Hanlon is ruling nothing in or out with the relegation wounds still very fresh.

He said: “The manager said after the game that we hadn’t lost it there (Bristol City). Over the course of the season we just hadn’t been strong enough. We’ve had a very young side, we’ve all gained experience from this and the goal now is to bounce back.”

The big question is whether O’Hanlon will be around to help Town escape from the ‘basement’ when the 2006-7 campaign kicks off in early August?

He said: “There’s only a couple of us left to sign (O’Hanlon and goalkeeper Rhys Evans) and I think (further negotiations) it’ll go on in the next week or so. We’ve still got some decent players here and I think we’ll be favourites to bounce back.”

On a personal level, O’Hanlon says it is not a simple case of being happy to compete in League One yet repugnant at the prospect of taking the drop.

He will consider all options, but certainly isn’t rushing for the exit.

He said: “No, not at all. I’m Swindon Town player, I love the club, I’m settled. I suppose it’s a bit of a Sam Parkin situation.

“It’s about ambitions and if a bigger club comes in then you have to consider it. But at the moment I’m negotiating with Swindon Town.”

Deputy chairman Mark Devlin has already held a number of meetings with the player’s agent and a further discussion is expected to take place in the next few days.

O’Hanlon and Evans are the two big hitters that manager Iffy Onuora is keen to keep on board and while he hopes both men will still say ‘yes’ in the light of relegation, he is looking to clear up the remaining contract issues in the next week, before the players depart for their summer break after the final match of the campaign against Huddersfield.

The respective futures of players including Stefani Miglioranzi, Steve Jenkins and Kyle Lapham have still to be addressed.

Onuora said: “I might have a couple of chats this week. Most of the players, particularly the ones out of contract will be aware of my intentions and the process has to start straight away.

“The fans pay good money and you feel for them. They’ve backed us all the way and it’s important to send out a message to them that the fightback starts as soon as we possibly can
.”

Errr....no Sean.  :|  Sam was the best player in the side three years running, you on the other hand have been distinctly average most of the time, with the odd good game here and then.

Still, good to see he hasnt given up on us...unless of course he is going to do a Grant Smith. :evil:

EDIT: Having read that back, that sounds very anti-O'Hanlon... I am not and I for one hope he stays.
sonic youth

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 11:20:40 »

i'll be sure to persuade seano to stay next season tonight, unless birdy scares him off.

joking aside, i think he's being sensible in keeping his options open - he should be able to find another club in league one and despite having a relatively poor season, i personally feel he's still a decent player.

personally i wouldn't keep him though.
McLovin

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 11:34:51 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "santini"
It's only a matter of time before he gets back into the goal a game give away ... or did we imagine them all?

Hmmmm - that's how many points over a season??

No, you certainly imagined it...

How about some examples of goals Ifil has given away then?
Silly boy. That response only works when there are none.

How about a couple at Forest for a start .. where he stood and watched his man have a free header?

Ahhhh, Forest. Where their right winger bagged himself a hat-trick... Wink
santini

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 12:27:41 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Ahhhh, Forest. Where their right winger bagged himself a hat-trick... Wink
Tyson didn't score ... but Southall got 3 from midfield as Ifil froze.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 12:40:01 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "DV85"
1. Rhys Evans Goalkeeper:N
2 Sean O'Hanlon Defender:N
3 Jack Smith Defender: Y
5 Jerel Ifil Defender: Y
6 Steve Jenkins Defender: N
7 Gareth Whalley Midfielder: Y  
9 Lee Peacock Striker: Y
10 Stefani Miglioranzi Midfielder: N
11 Jamie Cureton Striker: N
12 Ricky Shakes Striker: Y
13 Matthew Bulman: N
15 Andrew Nicholas Defender: N
16 Kyle Lapham Defender: N
17 Charlie Comyn-Platt Defender: Y
18 Christian Roberts Striker: N
19 Michael Pook Midfielder: Y
20 Paul Smith Midfielder: Y
21 Ben Wells Midfielder: Y
23 Chris McPhee
(on loan from Brightn ) Striker: Y  
26 Lucas Jutkiewicz Striker: Y
27 Andrew Gurney Defender: Y
29 David Stroud Midfielder: I really fucking hope so
30 Ashan Holgate Striker: N
32 Aaron Brown Midfielder : N
33 Leigh Henry Defender: M
Caton: Y

Why do you think Holgate will go Deev?

Adje,Ive heard through a good source that Mr Holgate will be signing for Salisbury next season.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 02:46:18 »

Forgot about Nicolau, he's not listed on the Town site, but is listed on the Hereford site, but not as a loan player.  Could be playing against him next season.  He was only signed for one season wasn't he?
DMR

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 08:47:37 »

Sean's the most overrated player I've ever seen. Did well on loan then gone rapidly downhill.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 08:49:23 »

Holgate will join Salisbury at the end of the season, it's a done deal, he's just got a massive pay rise for his troubles too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: