Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 125th Anniversary  (Read 4142 times)
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 22:40:56 »

Agree that we could do with something to celebrate... just would be nice if we got something right!

Will be interesting to see if we do actually celebrate it in some way, or if it was just an excuse to add a few extra quid to the shirt prices...
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 23:27:07 »

I think as we constantly release a new shirt each season our shirt prices our restricted under some fair trade act; they can't charge above the maximum that I presume they do anyway.

Whoever suggested a friendly against ipswich who we played in 1881 (in a different thread I think) is on to an idea, but to be honest something which get's the whole town involved would be better - try and encourage new supporters with our illustrias past. Make the friendly with Ipswich free, maybe  compensating the cost with £5 special programmes with bit's of classic programmes in. Do a cultural festival thing around the town centre highlighting the achievements of the club. Not just '69, but point out flemming way and our 1912/14 fa cup run. Point out the special trains that used to be put on when we had a big away game, and then put one on for an away friendly against a big club, or organise some cheap train travel scheme with the bored for people who have ticket stubs for home games. I dunno. Lot's of stuff that could be done.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 09:54:48 »

Some good ideas.  Maybe the club should set-up a commitee with some fans, board, council etc and to specifically come up with a scheme of events for the coming season.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 17:04:50 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
I would much like Honda being the shirt sponser would be ace.

:--
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 17:45:55 »

Ralph gets excited.

RED ARMY
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: