Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coming to Bristol on Saturday  (Read 1433 times)
NotawindupmerchantBCFC

« on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 11:30:31 »

Hello all,

I'm not on here to gloat or take the piss, as my username suggests. Just thought I might as well give you some tips as to where to drink etc on Saturday (although I know a lot of you will be familiar with the area from plently of previous away trips!).

Travel:
Train: If you don't fancy the walk/bus/taxi from Temple Meads then there is a station called Parson St which strangely has a better service than it used to that is only 10 mins walk from the ground. Not particularly convenient for the pubs I've described below, though.

Parking: On street parking mostly, the roads between West Street (A38), Winterstoke Road and North Street are probably the best, or to suit the pubs I've listed below, park in Cumberland basin or Hotwells and then walk over the footbridges.

Pubs:
I would recommend the pubs in Hotwells and around Cumberland basin which are all 10-15 minutes walk to the ground. I'm not a wind-up merchant and don't want you to get in any trouble, and it will be mostly away fans and some families in all these pubs such as the Nova Scotia, Pumphouse, the Cottage etc. They are pleasant places and you get a nice view of Clifton and the Suspension Bridge. There's also a place called the Tobacco Factory on North Street close to the ground which is quite upmarket (there's a arts theatre and restaurant there too) but they have a "no football colours" rule to keep the "riff raff" out, obviously!

The only pubs I would recommend you stay out of are the Coopers and Rising Sun on Ashton Road because they are pretty manky and the Three Lions on West Street which can be hostile. Anyway, the Three Lions is far enough away from the ground to not be near where you park or end up looking for pubs.

Not going to go as crazy as some for the score prediction but will still go for 3-1 City.

Seems like you'll be ok next season with this new bloke putting his money in.

Cheers.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 11:32:36 »

cheers for the new station mate. cant be fucked to walk from temple meads. do you need to change for that though?
NotawindupmerchantBCFC

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 11:42:48 »

You have to change at Temple Meads.

Temple Meads 13:25      14:25
Parson Street  13:30      14:30

both going to Weston-Super-Mare.

These two look like your only options - but then again, it's cheaper than getting a taxi.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 11:44:21 »

Chars, a fair number will be in the Pumphouse, especially as they gave us the green light to invade.  After todays news, I'm less worried about next year now.
my-velocity

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 12:15:51 »

I bet theres alot of people waiting there for a good scrap, haha is that your plan

(Joke)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 16:16:58 »

Thats great news on the trains. Thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: