Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Snippet in the Observer  (Read 964 times)
Dazzza

« on: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 17:44:24 »

Looks like the start of things to come....

They were holding a display of Swindon Town memorabilia in the Winners Lounge at the County Ground - newspaper cuttings, match programmes and medals from the days of Ardiles, Hoddle and of course that barking mad afternoon at Wembley back in 1969 when Don Rogers and co saw off Arsenal to win the League Cup. 'Good times,' as the silver-haired woman guarding the stall kept wistfully reminding passers by.

Twenty years after The Robins last occupied the Football League's basement, it now looks almost certain that they will mark the anniversary by becoming the first club ever to drop from the Premiership into what is now League Two. This was a must-win game for Iffy Onuora's side, especially with their remaining fixtures falling against the in-form Bristol City and Huddersfield. In the event it was all over by half time, Brentford's win keeping them in touch with Southend and Colchester in the race for automatic promotion.

'We need six points and even then we're going to be waiting on other results,' said Onuora. 'We've given away the three worst goals in any one game that I've seen. I watch all the goals on the Football League review show, and there's always one where you think "What the hell was happening there?" They got three of them. I'm desperately disappointed.'

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,1759543,00.html

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 17:46:34 »

your making me more depressed Dazza! Stop!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: