Poll
Question: most disliked player?  (Voting closed: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 16:15:49)
gurney - 12 (19%)
roberts - 4 (6.3%)
nicholas - 5 (7.9%)
pook - 16 (25.4%)
evans - 1 (1.6%)
o'hanlon - 2 (3.2%)
j.smith - 6 (9.5%)
ifil - 9 (14.3%)
peacock - 1 (1.6%)
cureton - 1 (1.6%)
shakes - 1 (1.6%)
brown - 2 (3.2%)
CCP - 0 (0%)
whalley - 1 (1.6%)
jenkins - 2 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: most disliked player ?  (Read 10358 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 20:53:52 »

Quote from: "adje"
So "passion" is running after refs giving them loads of abuse.Gurney does not make "crunching tackles"he kicks people.Hard man?Dont make me laugh,he couldn't live with a real hard man.All that bollocks about"if anyone says I dont try,say it to my face"-I would have done if he'd "shown his face "on sat instead of sneaking out through the tradesman's entrance.He is a shite footballer who thinks he's special-why else would he take so many free kicks even though he totally fucks99.9% of 'em.Cunt.

My vote goes to Peacock

PS Normy-you were being ironic about his distribution and "calm head",right?

No adje I wasn't, it is strange how we all see completely different games. How I see it:

Ifil is a complete joke. He hoofs or slices the ball  away anywhere and usually gives possession away. He has had red cards but is a good tackler, but often when he has made a mistake. He has conceded several crucial goals by elementary mistakes. Easily turned by attackers. Makes mad excursions trying to beat player after player, then loses it and we are exposed.

O'Hanlon is overrated and does not lead the defence well. His distribution again is poor and he is uncomfortable on the ball, wasting or hoofing.

That makes two hoofers who cannot pass short or long.

Gurney, by contrast, is comfortable on the ball this season. He has used the short ball well when possible eg to Whalley, but his long raking balls are much better than the two hoofers, eg against Franchise, and even if not quite to our man, usually creates pressure and a throw-in is obtained. I'm not sure if he kickfouls more often than others, the hoofers concede many freekicks by fouling also , but he certainly gets tackles in, unlike some of the other weaklings.

He is a bit of a thug, but many opponents foul us cynically and brutally to take players out of the game, not fairly, one example being Whalley last week chopped down several times before his injury. An occasional rash challenge is to be expected. Mouthing at the ref is stupid, but at least he cares and battles. At CB, he has been much calmer than the other two, and I can't remember the last silly mistake by him.

I realise typing this is a waste of time, because you either love him or hate him. The  group of supporters by me every fortnight hate him, and will not recognise any good he might do. Anyway, that's off my chest, I have been very fed up with completely aimless hoofing all season and I DON'T BLAME GURNEY.

P. S. I did hate him when he was here before, but he is one of the best we have now IMO. We need battlers.

ust be the oldest
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 21:18:10 »

vote for evans. waste of space Wink

Things get better but they never get good
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 22:42:53 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Because you may have just started a 'who dislikes Gurney?' thread to get the desired effect.

it was never intended as that, its just i hate the way gurney plays, he doesnt tackle he kicks and breaks bones, and when he gets booked he always seemed surprised! he needs to learn to stop being such a liability and learn how to tackle properly and if he concedes a free kick fine, just walk away accept it not earn another yellow by mouthing of.

this was never ment as an anti gurney thread but has now turned into one.

GURNEY OUT

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
STFC Village

« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 22:47:32 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
he needs to learn to stop being such a liability and learn how to tackle properly and if he concedes a free kick fine, just walk away accept it not earn another yellow by mouthing of.
You do realise he's in his thirties? Old dog/new tricks and all that....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 22:49:10 »

I can learn new tricks I reckon.

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 22:57:54 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I can learn new tricks I reckon.
From a football point of view Yeovil, Gurney isn't going to change his playing style at this point in his career, nor should he.

Why don't you make your new trick training for that half marathon? Wink
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 22:58:30 »

I am ive bought some new trainers.

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 23:00:06 »

and a sports bra Cheesy

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 17, 2006, 23:01:15 »

:grin:
McLovin

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 08:39:45 »

Re: Gurney's "say it to my face" outburst - i believe DMR did, and he had no response.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 11:35:14 »

Pook , 14 votes  Cheesy  What a suprise. He's beautiful.

Nicholas strikes me as the arrogant type but I don't dislike him for it or anything. Most footballers are.

How can anyone dislike the beast!!

RED ARMY
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 11:39:16 »

Gurney kept his head yesterday after some verbals...just smiled and laughed at andy keough....next time keough got the ball....bang gurney right through him to win the ball as well....
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 13:55:05 »

Gurney kept his head yesterday after some verbals...just smiled and laughed at andy keough....next time keough got the ball....bang gurney right through him to win the ball as well....

Proof Gurney can tackle...in a fair and hard way.

No point in tryin 2 defend Gurns to STFCere as the quote above will prob get a reaction to the extent of...why did he go right through him, its unfair on Keough cant he jst be a nice man and take the ball...fuckin pussy

Come on YOU REDS!
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 14:38:20 »

i havent got a problem with gurneys tackles as long as they arent blatant fouls like a few of his 2 footed lunges from behind! if he can control himself and stop mouthing off to the ref then he is certainly an asset to the team

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 18:16:28 »

Quote from: "Sade"
Pook , 14 votes  Cheesy  What a suprise. He's beautiful.

Nicholas strikes me as the arrogant type but I don't dislike him for it or anything. Most footballers are.

How can anyone dislike the beast!!

I hardly think that is the reason! I think the fact that a burnt out combine harvester in the middle of a field in Hampshire has more footballing ability than Pook is more likely the reasoning Sade!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: