Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite tipple?  (Read 9569 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 16:53:31 »

I flit between lager (Heineken usually) and whatever real ales are on offer. Favourite ale will always be London Pride

The landlord at one of my old locals, the red lion in Barnes, used to be a multiple winner of Fullers' cellerman awards and his London Pride was incredible. Beautiful pint when it's kept well.

Some of the locals used to call that pub "studio 3", given it was over the road from the famous Olympic Studios, home to the Beatles, the Stones, Led Zeppelin and Hendrix, among  others.
Hunk

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 17:26:33 »

The landlord at one of my old locals, the red lion in Barnes, used to be a multiple winner of Fullers' cellerman awards and his London Pride was incredible. Beautiful pint when it's kept well.

Some of the locals used to call that pub "studio 3", given it was over the road from the famous Olympic Studios, home to the Beatles, the Stones, Led Zeppelin and Hendrix, among  others.

Fuck me I miss being able to go to the pub for a pint whenever I fancied it.

Used to be in the pub trade and Pride was the kind of thing you had on sale whenever you could get your hands on it. Flew out of the pumps like a big popular thing, so it never approached its sell by date. Timmy Taylor’s Landlord (another personal favourite) was a different story. Beautiful drop but more expensive so could hang around in the cellar a bit longer.

Appreciate a good cellarman. Looking after the beer was one of the few things I actually enjoyed about my job before I left the trade.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 17:45:47 »

I'm not a big fan of wine, but I have recently discovered that I love dessert wine.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 17:49:17 by mystical_goat » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 19:58:58 »

I'm not a big fan of wine, but I have recently discovered that I love dessert wine.

🤮

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 20:10:49 »

Any lager - peroni and moretti are top tier.

Do love a spiced rum and coke too - Dead Man's Fingers the nicest spiced rum I've tried
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 20:15:34 »

Two bouts of food poisoning in India and Laos mean I can't drink the way I could 15 years ago, so it's red wine or light beers mainly. I still drink cider, ale, brandy, and whisky on occasion because I'm a twat, and if I'm feeling particularly intelligent I mix them.

Wrong'un

I might even carry on and make my next drink a pint in a pub when they open.

I tell myself stories like that, ginge  Grin

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 05:48:33 »

Usually cider or red wine, but apart from a small glass of fizz on Christmas Day I've not touched a drop since the beginning of December.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 07:09:15 »

Seems any type of alcohol gives me heartburn now.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 07:16:55 »

A double whiskey before bedtime which helps me get to sleep, as I suffer from can't get to sleep insomnia.

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 09:09:43 »

A nice rum
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 09:39:33 »

I do love a pint of Guinness but in general only drink it when over in Ireland as I think it just tastes so much nicer and creamier over there. (I guess its the time taken over the pour) My MIL also makes the best Irish coffees, I think this is because she has never drank and so has no idea how potent whisky is so I get a proper measure!!

With food, generally a nice bottle of wine, as Bazza mentioned, Aldi do a decent range and do a case of 6 reds for £33 with free delivery so usually top that up with a pick and mix depending on what we fancy. I recently bought some cans of Tangle Foot beer which I enjoyed and some bottles of Wursteiner Pils (also from Aldi) which are lovely and refreshing during Monday's zoom poker evenings.

When lockdown is over looking forward to seeing what the Northants brewers have to offer around here.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 11:52:44 »

In the last year (lockdown) I could probably count on one hand how many drinks i've had. Never been a "casual drinker" in the sense of a glass or two with dinner, or a couple of pints infront of the TV, just never understood it. Not being able to see my mates, or go to pubs, I've just not had the urge to drink.
The exception was Christmas and New Year really

That being said, I'm very much a Spiced Rum and Coke/Ginger Beer fan.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 11:53:45 »

Any lager - peroni and moretti are top tier.

Do love a spiced rum and coke too - Dead Man's Fingers the nicest spiced rum I've tried
Got a bottle of this for Christmas, yet to try it though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 11:54:32 »

Tis good.

I like Kraken too.
Hunk

« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:29:41 »

I do love a pint of Guinness but in general only drink it when over in Ireland as I think it just tastes so much nicer and creamier over there. (I guess its the time taken over the pour).

Have you done the Guinness brewery tour? Its fantastic, more like a museum than a typical tour. The Guinness you get given there is obviously really, really good but if anything its a bit too fresh. A Guinness in any of the pubs near St James's Gate, however, is perfection.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: