Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We Want Our Swindon Back!  (Read 3711 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 23:33:21 »

Tonight was my first LDV game, and what a refreshing introduction to a delightful cup it was!  Freezing cold, and not much warmer in the stands.  The fish and chips were pretty good, but other than that there were few positives.  The fans again are on King's back, and it is hardly surprising given the performances against Brentford and tonight.  The team, as King says, were beaten all over the pitch, and concedes we lack leaders - anyone read my "Why Are We Underachieving" Thread - Walrus for manager!

Slabber looked piss poor, shooting from stupid distances and seeming disinterested, Miglioranzi looked crap, though then again I guess he never was a right winger, and Ifil is looking like Heywood with more pace but no aerial ability.

We did have five minutes of decent play, before ironically Slabber came on and the formation changed, disrupting the system and meaning we resulted back to long ball.  We played good short balls, Hewlett orchestrating most of the play.  King brings Slabber on, a minute later we concede a goal from a corner, then its long ball for the rest of the match and an awful result against an average League 2 side.

Rhys Evans - 4 - Good effort on first goal, unlucky.  Second goal again unlucky, but looked shakey - perhaps affected by anti-King chants?

Sean O'Hanlon - 8 - Brilliant, captain's performance.  Skillful, strong in the tackle - put him at centre back

Jerel Ifil - 3 - At fault for the first goal, lacking confidence

Matthew Heywood - 5 - Average

David Duke - 6 - Not bad, maybe could have prevented first goal.  Unlucky to be substituted

Stefani Miglioranzi - 3 - Good when he came inside, but doing his job as a right winger he was terrible

Matthew Hewlett - 6 - Not bad, good going forward but provided little cover for back four

Grant Smith - 5 - Okay, but since Bradford he thinks he's Thomas Hitzelsperger - stop shooting from 40 yards!

Lee Holmes - 5 - Nothing came off for the lad, but looks bright

Sam Parkin - 4 - Didn't get the ball, didn't win aerial balls

Rory Fallon - 4 - Ditto to Parkin

Subs:

Jamie Slabber - 2 - Had about 3 touches, took 2 stupid long range shots.  Send him home.

Brian Howard - 1 - I tipped him as the answer to our problem on Saturday, comes on tonight and thinks he's Zidane.  Had one opportunity to cross, chipped it into the stand behind the goal!  May have been wrong on that one....

So yeh, anyone for Stockport?!?!   :roll:
Sussex

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:05:48 »

Agree with Walrus' comments above. Except I had battered sausage and chips, which was nice too.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:10:09 »

You dont go to the seaside and have a battered sausage  you fool!

/
W56196272
Sussex

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:17:13 »

It was really busy in the chippy and I got a bit flustered. It was the first thing I could think of  :?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:17:54 »

:-))(  sussex red, sausage on the brain!
Sussex

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:21:04 »

So predictable Simon  :roll:

Oooh, I've got a youth team ball now!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:22:41 »

Tongue  Wink
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:30:45 »

Fish & chips right now melted in vinegar with a can of bass shandy on the side would hit the spot.

I could even have a crack at a pickled egg I'm so damn hungry.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 00:36:17 »

is it dry cornflakes for you daz. i'm gorging on chocolate because i'm cramming for exam and looking on here intermitently
Super_Taff

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 17:10:09 »

I am eating a yorkie which follow 2 petit filous!

Damn those bod boys r nice
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 17:40:49 »

im going out for a proper meal tonight  Cool

but fish and chips is better.

anyway, on the football.... well they were all below par according to the radio and deserved to lose... so lets look forward to saturday!  :-))(
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: