Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I have a suggestion!  (Read 5981 times)
Sade

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:21:03 »

A seperate section for past games. Like peoples memories of games back in the day, where they can post pictures if they have any ?

If we were to have one, I could start a few topics going because my dad dug out loads of old pictures from cup finals etc the other day and there were some amazing pictures in there. Sent shivers down my spine!

RED ARMY
Danjackson10

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:23:58 »

You could just start a thread up in the other football bit sade?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:25:17 »

Sade, you get a shiver down your spine seeing pictures of random footballers you have never seen before, but invariably fancy!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:30:33 »

It will be too special to go in the other bit!!  Cheesy

And Ed , It was not of past players a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y  Tongue   It was a picture of when we went to wembley, dad took it of all the swindon fans and its just a huge sea of red. Looks brilliant! I was shocked, we had loads of fans then. And a picture of hoddle dropping to his knee's when the final whistle went.

I'm yet to experience something like that  Sad  Thats why I'd like us to survive relegation, that would be amazing.

RED ARMY
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:32:09 »

Sounds like a good idea...but I know nothing of the logistics of running a site.

Its true you can post stuff like this in other football....but it will get a bit lost with the other bollocks.

Whereas this way it becomes a bit of an archive.

How much stuff have you got Sadie....shed loads or just a bit?
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:35:25 »

Cheesy  Well I think there's about 4/5 pictures and I was going to let my dad write abit because he likes talking about the olden days! I think I'll get him to register or it could get a bit confusing. I'm sure some other people on here have some old photos lying about too ? Just a thought like.

RED ARMY
McLovin

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:37:28 »

Will he be able to read Mex's attempt at taking your brown wings? That could be embarrassing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:41:55 »

Quote from: "Sade"
It will be too special to go in the other bit!!  Cheesy

And Ed , It was not of past players a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y  Tongue   It was a picture of when we went to wembley, dad took it of all the swindon fans and its just a huge sea of red. Looks brilliant! I was shocked, we had loads of fans then. And a picture of hoddle dropping to his knee's when the final whistle went.

I'm yet to experience something like that  Sad  Thats why I'd like us to survive relegation, that would be amazing.

Just teasing! I never got to go to that game as I had to go to School! I ran home after school and listened to Radio 5 in my room. When Bodin scored that penalty it was like a massive adrenalin rush!

I was at the Wembley final against Sunderland though and my memories are very hazy, but of the sea of red from Swindon to the game, my scarf flapping out of the car window!! Also the graciousness of the Sunderland fans on the tube after the game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:51:31 »

Cheesy sounds great, wish I was around for that. I have never been to any big games.

RED ARMY
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 10:53:01 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Will he be able to read Mex's attempt at taking your brown wings? That could be embarrassing.

Cheesy  My dad would probably laugh. He's read some of mex's posts before and thinks he's hilarious. Don't we all though.

RED ARMY
lumpimynci

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 11:59:27 »

Cheesy  Well I think there's about 4/5 pictures and I was going to let my dad write abit because he likes talking about the olden days! I think I'll get him to register or it could get a bit confusing. I'm sure some other people on here have some old photos lying about too ? Just a thought like.

Please, please, please......don't call it the olden days......

It makes it sound like it was before the war and I'm about to start drawing my pension.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 12:07:31 »

I bet that hurt your brain Sade
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 12:52:20 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"

Please, please, please......don't call it the olden days......

It makes it sound like it was before the war and I'm about to start drawing my pension.

Cheesy  Sorry. I'll call it the 'good old days' instead then.

Si, it did not hurt my brain  Sad  what exactly are you trying to say?

RED ARMY
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 13:08:51 »

Good old days still sounds pretty old. I'd like to see some of those picture though,  wembley 93 was one of the greatest days ever.
lumpimynci

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 13:30:14 »

Could we just lose the "old" bit.

I'm desperately trying to cling onto some illusion of youth here.

What's supposed to have hurt your brain anyway?

Everyones so random today
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: