Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reserves Tomorrow  (Read 3627 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 14:46:34 »

Don't know.Official site not updated yet
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 14:54:27 »

4- Nil mate!!!
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:09:29 »

4-0. Two for Lukas, one each for Wells and Roberts.

Ben Wells got the pick of the goals, after 5-10 minutes. Smashed it into top corner from well outside the area.

Stef played for 60 odd minutes and did a good job, was unlucky not to score after dribbling it half the length of the pitch past several plymouth players before falling over.

Roberts was very quiet in the first half but much better in the second, scored a header from Shakes' cross and could have had another but hit the post from 20 yards.

Lukas' first was a diving header at back post and his second was a very good finish, into bottom corner, in the last minute after running onto a through ball.

Swindon were much the better side
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:17:59 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

Ben Wells got the pick of the goals, after 5-10 minutes. Smashed it into top corner from well outside the area.

Stef played for 60 odd minutes and did a good job, was unlucky not to score after dribbling it half the length of the pitch past several plymouth players before falling over.

Roberts was very quiet in the first half but much better in the second, scored a header from Shakes' cross and could have had another but hit the post from 20 yards.

Lukas' first was a diving header at back post and his second was a very good finish, into bottom corner, in the last minute after running onto a through ball.

I take it you went?

What did Wells look like overall?  I've heard he could be quite promising?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:20:23 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:22:55 »

Yep....Plymuff had a very young looking side out.

Ben Wells Balls goal was remeniscent of a Ray McHale special....quality.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:36:18 »

lukas sounds quality, i really believe he's got a good future and i've only seen him a couple of times.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 15:40:29 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
lukas sounds quality, i really believe he's got a good future and i've only seen him a couple of times.

I don't think we should  over hype the lad...he has some raw talent and is big, which is helpful.

But like a lot of big fellas his touch and pace are not that great...and he's very one footed.

Neverteless he looks to have some potential.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 17:32:34 »

Miglioranzi was a different class to any player on the pitch. Bossed the midfield completely, ran through Plymouths defence on several occasions and just showed why he is so highly rated. If he brings that form to the first team then brillant!

I was very impressed with David Stroud, he's a good crosser and passer and showed some intelligent moves. Ben Wells was good aswell and the back 3 of Pryde, Evans and Doe were solid and also fairly impressive. Wells took his goal superbly.

Jutkiewicz has a quality touch but for a guy his size he doesn't win much in the air. Took his second goal beautifully and his first was right place in the right time. Needs to work on his distribution a bit but he'll be a quality player. He's a natural finisher.

Roberts and Shakes were a bit quiet, but second half both were good. Shakes looked dangerous with his pace and Roberts passed the ball around nicely and showed some great touches, as did Shakes. Shakes' final ball was lacking a few times but generally his crossing was decent, he beat their left back easily so many times.

Chris Taylor played OK aswell but gave the ball away too much. Him & Stroud linked up well on occassions.

It was a great performance really and considering the majority are youth team players it fills me with hope for the future as no one really put a foot wrong. Easy victory and it could have easily been more.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 22:10:27 »

Glad to hear some promise from the younger lads, especially when you hear such praise for Lucas, Wells and Stroud. Also good to hear Migs back on from.

Lucas and Caton a potential future front pairing?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 22:26:48 »

Lukas needs work, but I could see him being quality. As Reg said, it's important you don't put too much pressure on him.
flammableBen

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2006, 00:17:46 »

Think he should be paired with gurney in training
STFC Village

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2006, 02:02:47 »

http://swindontown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1019&p=2&stid=8407693

"Several youngsters have been given the opportunity of first team football this season but that is no guarantee that they will be kept on. Leigh Henry, Andy Caton, Ashan Holgate, Ben Wells and David Stroud have all been drafted into the first team at some stage this season, but Onuora says that it's up to all of his youngsters and not just those few to try and show him that they are good enough to stay at the club"

Sounds like Iffy's team talk has given some of the youth team a little encouragement, looking at the result
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2006, 02:19:03 »

Leigh henry?? others I've heard of..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: