Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Owen.....Replacement?  (Read 7808 times)
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 18:07:41 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "dazzza"
Get out of it you old pedantic sod Reg   Shocked

He's actually Liberian anyway but plays for Holland through his old man.

The list looks even thinner though....if fit Sven will take Owen Yorke Rooney and either of Defoe or Bent.possibly both.

If Owen doesn't make it , then  outsiders would include Vassell and perhaps Robbie Fowler....don't think he officially retired, but may be wrong.

Shouldn't think he'd go. Didn't he slag Sven off in some book?

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 18:59:44 »

I don't think Vassell can be seriously considered. He's not played for England in ages, didn't do much when he did play, needs a hernia operation, hasn't had a great season and generally doesn't have much going for him. Every time I watch him he seems to use his pace to get in positions where he should be able to score and then fuck up the easy chance with pathetic finishing. Out of Defoe and Vassell, Defoe wins every time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:13:39 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I don't think Vassell can be seriously considered. He's not played for England in ages, didn't do much when he did play, needs a hernia operation, hasn't had a great season and generally doesn't have much going for him. Every time I watch him he seems to use his pace to get in positions where he should be able to score and then fuck up the easy chance with pathetic finishing. Out of Defoe and Vassell, Defoe wins every time.

You are right Vassell has not played for England in a long time, however I dont remember him ever letting England down. He always seems to have a good game in the white shirt and pop up with the odd goal...even when he was playing shit for Villa he would still play well for England.

He has had a fairly decent season, he has tailed off a bit now (suppose having Cole and Samarass injured doesnt help)

Defoe isnt even playing regular first team football, which is not good for his world cup prospects at all....
McLovin

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:20:12 »

Owne was still allowed to play when he wasn't getting in the Liv erpool or Madrid teams... double standards. Wink
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:35:39 »

I've not forgiven Vassell for missing the penalty which knocked us out of Euro 2004. He did ok for England, nothing more. Defoe hasn't played as much and yet he's still scored more goals than Vassell this year, so have Beattie, Crouch etc. Can't see him making the squad and I hope he doesn't.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:35:50 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Owne was still allowed to play when he wasn't getting in the Liv erpool or Madrid teams... double standards. Wink

Different standards, Owen is fucking ace...

Defoe is good...but not in Owens league.... Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:41:20 »

vassell didn't get us knocked out of euro 2004, we went out cos rooney was injured.
STFC Village

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:43:53 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
vassell didn't get us knocked out of euro 2004, we went out cos rooney was injured.
What's this we?Huh? Bloody paddy cunt Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:44:26 »

ireland didn't qualify :--
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:44:40 »

Yeah but Vassell came on for Rooney, was pretty crap, and didn't score the penalty which sent us out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:45:48 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Yeah but Vassell came on for Rooney, was pretty crap, and didn't score the penalty which sent us out.

but at least he penalty was on target unlike Beckhams...
Piemonte

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:50:11 »

Quote from: "Maidenhead Red"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "dazzza"
Get out of it you old pedantic sod Reg   Shocked

He's actually Liberian anyway but plays for Holland through his old man.

The list looks even thinner though....if fit Sven will take Owen Yorke Rooney and either of Defoe or Bent.possibly both.

If Owen doesn't make it , then  outsiders would include Vassell and perhaps Robbie Fowler....don't think he officially retired, but may be wrong.

Shouldn't think he'd go. Didn't he slag Sven off in some book?

He did indeed. Gave sven a right munting from the bits of it i read.

Fowler will not be going to the world cup. FACT!
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:56:37 »

I would take Owen even if he's not 100% and then make a decision out there as to his condition.

Darren Bent would be my choice of partner for Rooney if Owen isn't fit, with Crotchman and perhaps Ashton as the 'big' men.

never trust a nun...
Spud

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 19:58:40 »

Although he's been throwing a few strops recently id have Defoe up front with Roonaldo if Owen doesnt make it.
flammableBen

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2006, 00:16:27 »

Gurney!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: