Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First One Dayer!  (Read 8901 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2006, 13:29:18 »

I also dont see the point in playing Jones & Prior in the same fucking team, its got to be one or the other

I'd agree with that,what is the point of playing two wicket-keeper/[supposed]batsmen.I was a bit gutted we lost tbh ,although i not expecting an awful lot from the series :-))( , we should have won today but threw it away.The bowlers played well at least Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2006, 14:14:23 »

And why have Hoggard out there if your not going to play him?.  :evil:
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2006, 14:32:10 »

To be fair Spud,i thought the bowling was alright plus the last time Hoggy played for us he got spanked around a bit Sad ,the Hogster has earned a recall to the side and deserves another go.The batting was at fault today,we are missing Tres too,still the fact that the Indian batting looks a bit dodgy gives me some hope for thr rest of the series.

And fate has just
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2006, 15:48:12 »

well that was crap wasn't it.

The bowling was good (blackwell!! cough!!  Smiley ) but batting was shocking....if we get a team out for 203 we gotta win, no wonder our one day team are rubbish.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 14:58:43 »

One thing i'd change, aside from opening the batting with a batsman and not a wicket-keeper :-))( ,would be the batting order,i think Freddie should come in after Colly.That would give Colly as the designated nudger time to play himself in ,and would possibly prevent the Freddie V KP show which though fun is apt to self-destruction,as they both try and out six each other Smiley

And fate has just
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 15:09:11 »

who do you suggest opens then larwood? prior opens for sussex and has had as much success as any other of the back-up batsmen

collingwood won't move above flintoff for two reasons:

1) colly is our designated finisher a la Bevan or Hussey
2) freddie is the better ODI bat
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 18:26:37 »

when we can actually bat we might win the world cup. so errr that will be never then
fatbury

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 18:31:37 »

Id go with this

Strauss
Cook ( i think hes still out there)
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Blackwell
Plunkett
Kabir Ali
Anderson
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 22:22:37 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Id go with this

Cook ( i think hes still out there)

Nah, he's back in England as well. He's too slow to play ODIs in India right now anyway.

most important thing is not to panic after one game. to do that would be madness, every fucks up once. i said this after the 1st ashes tests when people here were advocating wholesale changes and looked what happened there. i know we're shit at ODIs so we're lose anyway but we're trying to build a side for the WC and swapping and changing the side every game ain't gonna help
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 30, 2006, 07:20:22 »

who do you suggest opens then larwood? prior opens for sussex and has had as much success as any other of the back-up batsmen

Of course that is the problem with Tres out our choices are limited,but surely there is a ODI opening batsman somewhere,of course i don't know where he is Oops  but i'm sure he's somewhere :-))( .
And as for Freddie i would just prefer him coming in after Colly,tis only a suggestion,of course it won't happen,but it might be worth a try before next year.

i said this after the 1st ashes tests when people here were advocating wholesale changes and looked what happened there. i

I'm pretty sure i said the same thing at the time too Boeta :grin: and we were right Dancing

And fate has just
fatbury

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 30, 2006, 13:19:45 »

Id have to go with Bell to open then and hope he sticks around for once
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 30, 2006, 17:59:37 »

you having a laugh fatbury?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, March 30, 2006, 20:10:08 »

i know this will sound stupid but england could try putting blackwell up the order to give him a decent chance and not at number 8 is it? if he didn't come in at the end of games he would knock himself in, but as he comes in at the end to hit quick runs, or when he is pressure is on him he folds.

of course now i may seem like a idiot as i dunno whose place he would take.
Spud

« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 04:52:23 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i know this will sound stupid but england could try putting blackwell up the order to give him a decent chance and not at number 8 is it? if he didn't come in at the end of games he would knock himself in, but as he comes in at the end to hit quick runs, or when he is pressure is on him he folds.

of course now i may seem like a idiot as i dunno whose place he would take.

He had a fucking chance to play himself in the other day but the fat cunt decided to sweep himself out, im pretty sure there's a good reason to why he did it i.e his Masala was getting cold.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 07:23:10 »

He had a fucking chance to play himself in the other day but the fat cunt decided to sweep himself out, im pretty sure there's a good reason to why he did it i.e his Masala was getting cold.

Soapy Tit Wank

And fate has just
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: