Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: **Swindon v Chesterfield Match Day Thread**  (Read 25576 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:00:50 »

One of the great things about terracing was knowing that the same fellas would normally stand somewhere around the same place.  So you you'd have some banter share a bag of sweets and whisky flavoured flasks of coffee, and not see them again for a fortnight.

We used to have a whole community on the half way line in Shrivenham Road.....got destoyed by the building of the Intel.  Sad
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:01:19 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
To be fair Phil....its the sort of thing that happens when you're shit and get relegated, former regulars and stalwarts flake away and you end up going on your own....this can be a bit of a bummer.   It could be easy to give up yourself....don't.... make the effort...you'll get to meet other Townies....go to the Merlin, pre  match bound to be some off here in there.

Yeah very true. But i won't stop supporting Town even if we do go down. I'm not a quitter. But yeah, i will definetly have to get myself in the Merlin pre match, sometime.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
STFC Village

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 16:20:20 »

you'll get to meet other Townies....go to the Merlin, pre  match bound to be some off here in there.
Yep.....it's all doom and gloom in there as well.
fatbury

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 16:21:46 »

well i havent been there for a while so dont blame me .. ill try and lift it before the next home game as I reckon its overdue a trip there Smiley
STFC Village

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 16:24:16 »

It's not that bad.....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 16:56:37 »

One of the great things about terracing was knowing that the same fellas would normally stand somewhere around the same place.  So you you'd have some banter share a bag of sweets and whisky flavoured flasks of coffee, and not see them again for a fortnight.

We used to have a whole community on the half way line in Shrivenham Road.....got destoyed by the building of the Intel.  Sad

Twas the same for me and a couple of friends growing up on the Stratton Bank under the clock in the 80s.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
my-velocity

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 17:16:33 »

I predicted the score right, shame i didn't do it in the prediction league post though  
McLovin

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 18:03:43 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
It's not that bad.....

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 18:05:21 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
It's not that bad.....

:run:
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 07:09:23 »

I didnt go because i had no one to go with  The people i asked were either working, away, lazy or had no money.....

Phil,i go by myself and i'm a girl,shame on you Wink
Have to say it isn't much fun especially when the fucking trains are delayed because there aren't enough drivers :-))( ,and i'm sat around the station waiting,although the fact that we won made it okay Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 08:23:07 »

I've been going on my own more than ever this season.

I used to have friends but Girlfriends, work, ticket prices and us being shit have meant i now go on my own most weeks.

My favourite game on my own was my first year at uni when i went to Port Vale. It snowed and George Ndah scored, we won 1-0.
McLovin

« Reply #116 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 09:01:46 »

Quote from: "larwood"

I didnt go because i had no one to go with  The people i asked were either working, away, lazy or had no money.....

Phil,i go by myself and i'm a girl,shame on you Wink
Have to say it isn't much fun especially when the fucking trains are delayed because there aren't enough drivers :-))( ,and i'm sat around the station waiting,although the fact that we won made it okay Cheesy

There you go Phil, go and sit with Larwood!

I go either with mates or family, but i think i'd still go solo should i find myself short of Town supporting people to go with.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 09:33:05 »

I did go by myself to Town Vs Oldham, earlier in the season, but that wasnt much fun, on my own  :?  But! if ever again i dont have anyone to go with, i will go anyway  Wink

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 10:17:56 »

Bah, I'm always sat on my own.....
STFC Village

« Reply #119 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 10:35:27 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Bah, I'm always sat on my own.....
There is a reason for that.....