Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Craig Rocastle  (Read 7316 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:12:53 »

From a (brief) scan of other sites, seems he was rated by Hibs fans when he was up there, and they seemed surprised he went back to Chelsea rather than signing for them (comments along the lines of "doing well in the SPL does not equate to even being in Chelsea's squad, much less their 1st team"), then did well at the Wendies in helping them get to the play-offs. According to the wendies' rivals site's pen portrait (http://sheffieldwednesday.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=894&p=2&stid=8397163), he also did well in the play-off games - his performance in the final was "immense" apparently. But then he seems to have fallen out of favour there since New Year - they have a big squad so could just be got injured and couldn't force his way back in after. However, on the basis of this (really very limited) research, seems he's rated as a strong central midfielder who has done it at this level and (a bit) higher. We'll see, eh? Let's not judge the bloke till we've seen him
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:19:11 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
He played for Hibs for a bit... Jan, any idea if he was much cop?

Although I haven't seen him play for Hibs, which makes my opinion worthless according to some, I know that a fair few Hibs fans were disappointed to see him leave.  Good battling midfielder, could be what we need right now tbh.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:21:08 »

I paid for a bit of him Cool

Bound to be ace Cool

/
W56196272
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:24:02 »

we'll have to judge for ourselves saturday if he plays.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:25:18 »

I wont judge till I see him, Wednesday seem to have a decent opinion of him. However they also had a decent opinion of Patrick fucking Collins, and he was utter dog turd on a stick
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:26:33 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I wont judge till I see him, Wednesday seem to have a decent opinion of him. However they also had a decent opinion of Patrick fucking Collins, and he was utter dog turd on a stick

:shock: thats a worrying point, they thought Collins was ace.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:27:03 »

I think that considering the position we are in at the moment we have to grab anything we can at this stage.....trial and error so be it
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:28:15 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "DV85"

:shock: thats a worrying point, they thought Collins was ace.

Aaahhh! I was quite optimistic till you pointed that out. Cheers, DV, spread the misery around why don't you?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:28:20 »

Quietly confident that he'll be better than expected.  Why oh why does this happen before every home game.  We get beat I get pessimistic then a coupleof days before the next home game I start getting optimistic that we could do something this weekend?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:29:57 »

Sounds like a good signing to me.

Our midfield has been non-existent since Smith got injured so hopefully he can tackle and do a job in the middle of the park which no-one else has been capable of this season.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:34:06 »

"i agree, he was a very good player held the ball well and never really wasted a pass, strong as well."

"Yeah Rocastle did well for us."

"Good player i liked him, he always went looking for the ball & never shirked it, i would have him back at Easter Road anytime"

3 out of 3 from a few Hi-bees nothing negative.... yet.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:35:43 »

I think some of you are being a little harsh on him.  I saw him play vs. Reading this season for the Wendies and he was very calm on the ball and had a good touch.  He seemed to me much in the mould of Migs/Whalley with a bit more composure and a better tackle on him.  I think he could be a class signing.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:37:32 »

I'm more inclined to agree with Walrus.  WTF's the point in slating the lad before you've even seen him play for us.  Fucking hell lads get a grip.  Who did you want Iffy to sign, Stevie Gerrard?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:49:36 »

Wendies fans on their rivals site seem disappointed he's going out on loan, which has to be a good sign surely? (Collins aside)

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=894&p=16&style=2&forumId=3367&action=1&replytoid=2123342947
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 17:51:46 »

I've been told he is very lightweight....

Lightweight compared to what though...if its Kevin Pressman we're alright....if he is lightweight compared to our current midfield...then bloody hell  :shock:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: