Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: colchester away  (Read 4241 times)
Oneteaminessex

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:38:32 »

Hmmm really not sure what to expect.

As you say we've not scored many since our trip to Chel$ki...... Just one OG by Ferrera and a lucky bobbly deflected one against Swansea in the LDV. This bloke Vernon.... who knows.. so probably a 1 - 0 to you cureton in 89th min.... then again we have played some pretty good footy last three games, hitting post/bar/keeper last ditch saves etc etc etc...... Too close to call IMHO.

All you lot coming tomorrow?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:43:51 »

Quote from: "Oneteaminessex"
Hmmm really not sure what to expect.

As you say we've not scored many since our trip to Chel$ki...... Just one OG by Ferrera and a lucky bobbly deflected one against Swansea in the LDV. This bloke Vernon.... who knows.. so probably a 1 - 0 to you cureton in 89th min.... then again we have played some pretty good footy last three games, hitting post/bar/keeper last ditch saves etc etc etc...... Too close to call IMHO.

All you lot coming tomorrow?

Did you get the Evening Gazzette today?

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:44:15 »

We've been gash recently, althoguh a slight improvement against Yeovil last week. We need to beat your boys, but i think a draw is the most likely result. Wouldn't be surprised to see you nick it 1-0 though
Oneteaminessex

« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:49:33 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

Did you get the Evening Gazzette today?

Nope, why for?Huh?

Plus not many 0 - 0's in there, looks like there's gonna be goals in it.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:53:28 »

ive read half an article from it with Cureton slating the Swindon management and fans  saying he wanted to stay at yours but wasnt allowed.

/
W56196272
Oneteaminessex

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:55:04 »

Found this, is that it?Huh?? IMHO all history now, both clubs have moved on if not forward.....

After a mixed start to the season for both Jamie Cureton and Colchester United, his former team mate and current U's manager Phil Parkinson swooped to bring Curo in on loan. The impact was immediate, 7 goals in 10 games set the U's on the first of 2 winning runs before he was recalled at the end of December 2005 by parent club, Swindon Town to help their relegation battle.

Speaking to the Evening Gazette ahead of Saturdays clash between the Wiltshire side and the U's, though, Cureton spells out his disappointment at not being allowed to stay with the promotion chasing Essex side, and confirms he would happily return on a more permanent basis to the Layer Road side after the seasons conclusion, after being a victim of his own success earlier in the campaign.

"I would have loved to have stayed at Colchester, even if only until the end of the season", the 30 year old hitman confirmed.

"When I was allowed to leave Swindon neither the fans nor anyone else seemed all that bothered. A new start at Colchester looked very much on the cards, but once I got going and was scoring goals, suddenly the Swindon fans were all calling for me to go back.

"It was my own fault in a way! Every time I scored I put a few more thousands of pounds on my own head!!"

"At the time I was really enjoying my football, scoring plenty of goals and savouring life at the top of the table. And I felt so disappointed to have missed out on those big FA Cup ties at Sheffield United and Chelsea. I would have loved to have been there!"

Cureton, who is under contract to Swindon for a further season, though, intimated to Francis Ponder of the Gazette that he would be happy to return on a more permanent basis to the U's, should a deal be sorted further down the line.

And considering tomorrows game, he admitted "I'm expecting a great reception from the fans at the start of the game, but I'm not so sure about the end! It will feel weird coming up against them tomorrow and I would have loved to have stayed at Colchester. I won't be too emotional if I score the winning goal."

Swindon currently sit 23rd, and have played more games than most of their rivals, but even Tranmere, in 11th place could still get sucked back into a very tight fight at the bottom, and the Robins, and Curo, still have all to play for.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 17, 2006, 21:59:16 »

thats it but theres another bit that grates a bit

Cureton has ripped into the fans and Swindon Town management saying 'they didn't care about me before I left' and saying he blames himself for having to come back to Wiltshire due to his success at Layer Road.

I was just wondering if that was made up by tghe site that i read it on.

/
W56196272
lumpimynci

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 00:04:14 »

Colchester havent scored in their last 7 and a half league games.

To be fair, in the last 7 games they scored against Swansea in the LDV in their last game, and against Chelsea in the FA cup.

They've not scored in 5 in the league, since Scunny at the beginning of February. But they scored 13 in the 5 before that.

So who the fuck knows. But they're in the top 6, we're second from bottom and got spanked out of site by a very fucking ordinary Forest side, so I'll not be getting my hopes up.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 00:06:22 »

we're gonna win 6-4  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 01:18:37 »