Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Devlin's Diary - Sun 12th March  (Read 1346 times)
flammableBen

« on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 21:58:03 »

Dear diary,
I met some new investors today, They seemed genuine, we had a nice long discussion about the future of the club. They seemed happy to invest into a new stadium. Thought we'd hit the jackpot when they offered to invest 50 million, unfortunately it was in Turkish lira, had to politely inform them that it wasn't a big enough investment. They accepted my offer of some of our 'special' coffee. Didn't really thing about it until later but they were Arab types. I hope we don't end up under some sort of Jihad.

They seemed quite happy though, even though we didn't accept their investment, Willie still managed to swap one of his horses for a wife. Didn't see the bird, but it was one of the lame horses he was planning to sell to pedigree chum last week. I can't imagine her being a looker.

Had an unofficial council meeting in foxies yesterday. Unfortunately some of the councilors got a bit carried away, within half an hour I was the only person who hadn't been kicked out. I still think the best way of getting them onside is through unofficial social meetings. Have to remember to take them to less provocative locations next time. I hear the steam is good for a chilled night out, or maybe that new tapas bar opening on wood street.

Have to go now, Ritson is trying to ask me about our survival chances, it's easy to give the standard line but I bet it will lead to questions about the new investors. Really don't want to have to go into that right now.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 22:02:17 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Dear diary,
I met some new investors today, They seemed genuine, we had a nice long discussion about the future of the club. They seemed happy to invest into a new stadium. Thought we'd hit the jackpot when they offered to invest 50 million, unfortunately it was in Turkish lira, had to politely inform them that it wasn't a big enough investment. They accepted my offer of some of our 'special' coffee. Didn't really thing about it until later but they were Arab types. I hope we don't end up under some sort of Jihad.

They seemed quite happy though, even though we didn't accept their investment, Willie still managed to swap one of his horses for a wife. Didn't see the bird, but it was one of the lame horses he was planning to sell to pedigree chum last week. I can't imagine her being a looker.

Had an unofficial council meeting in foxies yesterday. Unfortunately some of the councilors got a bit carried away, within half an hour I was the only person who hadn't been kicked out. I still think the best way of getting them onside is through unofficial social meetings. Have to remember to take them to less provocative locations next time. I hear the steam is good for a chilled night out, or maybe that new tapas bar opening on wood street.

Have to go now, Ritson is trying to ask me about our survival chances, it's easy to give the standard line but I bet it will lead to questions about the new investors. Really don't want to have to go into that right now.

Skill FB !!

:toppost:
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 22:58:10 »

Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 00:49:29 »

That's pretty damn ace.
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 23:46:20 »

keep em coming Ben Cheesy