Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Am I happy with a point after todays game?  (Read 5375 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 16:59:07 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Sade"
Its looking good for us going into this saturdays game. Beast is back, CCP and P.smith should be available too.

Ifil has another game suspension plus there is no guarntee CCP will be back and P.Smith wont play again this season....

how do you know?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 17:18:22 »

Well said Tails!
Last I heard, Iffy said he should be back training this week

Ifil is out though. But who knows? Swindon against a better team often provides a shock. We will have to see. Winning all of our home games would keep us up though so we just have to hope they can keep up those kind of performances
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 17:21:09 »

Shit, I thought ifil had done his three games  :evil:

RED ARMY
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 18:03:19 »

1+1=2
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 18:08:49 »

Oops  For some reason I counted the tuesday game and then yesterdays and then thought we had another home game in which he did'nt play in before tuesdays game. I'm getting old. It does not help with the fact that I've always struggled with simple maths Cheesy

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 19:51:42 »

No wonder its taken her so long to get a job.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 20:06:35 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Quote from: "stfcfan"
I'm unsure. The game was in our hands. Yeovil were poor and we didn't capatilise on it at all. Curo should definately of scored from Shakes 'cross' which i believe was a shot.

Nicho and Smith were poor today getting dragged out of position a lot but in fairness they're not wing backs. Whalley bossed the centre, gurney should've had more bottle to put his head down and drill it. Curo never stopped running.

Crowd was rubbish. No singing no atmosphere. Disappointing considering we had a very good turnout.

Pub was miles away and took me an hour to get out the ground!  :evil:

Should've turned right out of the car park, we were out in 40 minutes. :|

Still can't belive Cureton didn't score, and why don't our midfield shoot? :x Whalley was by far the best player out there, with him in the team playing like that in the last two or three games I think we would be in a far more pleasing position in the league. Outstanding.

I'm intrigued as to how the pre-match red and white strips looked, anybody find me some photos?

I see the mini bus idea of sitting around for half an hour drinking more beer actually served a useful purpose for us as well.  To be honest the whole journey from the final whistle to getting home is a bit of a blur.

Waiting on some photos for the red and white stripes and the streamers.  Think we got tipped off a little too early on the players coming out and some of them were down by the time they came out, still, you live and you learn.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 20:20:06 »

50/50 with the point won question.

Good to stop the losing streak and a point away from home is good, but we deserved to win.

I was sat in the Bartlett stand (courtesy of my Uncle who lives near Yeovil and got the tickets) and the  stripes before hand looked good I thought.

Excellent turn out from Swindon as well, the Yeovil fans said they were surprised how many we brought.

Whalley had an excellent game, Yeovil fans round me were saying they couldn't believe they couldn't beat Swindon, but we were much better than them apart from the first few minutes of each half.

And yes, the car park afterwards was hopeless, still back to my Uncle's by 5.50 though so not too bad.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 20:59:25 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ivqrb/03_2006/31014_uv.jzi

Highlights! Didn't realise the away end was that packed. We ought to have made more noise than we did. :x
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 21:01:51 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
No wonder its taken her so long to get a job.

Oh thanks alot spuds.

RED ARMY
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 21:06:57 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ivqrb/03_2006/31014_uv.jzi

Highlights! Didn't realise the away end was that packed. We ought to have made more noise than we did. :x

nothing that really troubled either keeper to be honest. cureton was so close  Sad

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 21:10:32 »

Curetons miss  :shock:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 22:12:09 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Sade"
Its looking good for us going into this saturdays game. Beast is back, CCP and P.smith should be available too.

Ifil has another game suspension plus there is no guarntee CCP will be back and P.Smith wont play again this season....

how do you know?

The extent of the injury, from Iffy has said I've had a similiar injury. I was told to not play football for 6-8 weeks. Obviously though it doesnt matter if I sit on my arse and do nothing for 6-8 weeks because I'm not a pro. He will need to get fit and match sharpe again

Injured middle of Feb, Fit again start/middle of April few weeks to get match fit.

He may play again this season, and I could be totally wrong but I dont expect to see much more of him this term tbh.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 22:25:33 »

Sharpe?

http://www.harryflashman.org/sharpe.jpg
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 07:56:56 »

We dominated and should have won, so no

Yes
The first 15 minutes or so were a bit worring but we were all over them in the second half,we should have won  Crying
I did enjoy it though,which surprised me as all week i'd been dreading it,plus considering the amount of shit we've been dished up over the last month i thounght the turn out was great.Well done to the Loud and Proud lads too,must have cost em a fortune buying all that wall paper Smiley
Oh and i met Yeovil[although he wouldn't know it]and i saw Mex.Fantastic Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: